+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC or ITV?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No it’s not McMahon, it’s Bannamon, or something like that. 😇
    Got it, Steve McMcmanaman, 😁

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Usually prefer BBC but ITV better this time with Keane, Bilic and Neville. BBC commentators very bland and Keown was piss poor last night.
    How Keown landed that job remains a mystery.

Keane, Bilic and Neville are decent so I'm siding with ITV despite the ads.

The BBC were alright for the England game because all the pundits were ex-England players, it's when they have the people they've chosen for PC reasons that it gets tedious. Like these women who normally cover women's sports who come across like PE teachers. Nothing against women, but those I know best hated their PE teachers, my wife and my daughter included. They've not experienced the World Cup themselves, they just come out with parrot learned platitudes.

Keane and Bilic covered the Croatia game and Bilic let his national pride get the better of his judgment. I thought Keane looked ready to smack him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The BBC were alright for the England game because all the pundits were ex-England players, it's when they have the people they've chosen for PC reasons that it gets tedious. Like these women who normally cover women's sports who come across like PE teachers. Nothing against women, but those I know best hated their PE teachers, my wife and my daughter included. They've not experienced the World Cup themselves, they just come out with parrot learned platitudes.

Keane and Bilic covered the Croatia game and Bilic let his national pride get the better of his judgment. I thought Keane looked ready to smack him.
    Totally agree, let them commentate and pontificate on women's sport if you want to include them, the BBC do the same with cricket commentary as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

They're no more qualified to comment than perennial League Two players would be, it's excruciatingly embarrassing. I have to go and make a cup of tea when they're on.

Another thing that gets my goat is the BBC sending Lineker and co, to World wide destinations, just to provide a studio based commentary, what's the point? If it weren't for the fact that we're paying for it I wouldn't be bothered, such as ITV can do as they like, they realise their own cash stream, the BBC don't

NEITHER - get ur sen on Match TV Russia for some real commentary, pundits and action.

https://matchtv.ru/

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Another thing that gets my goat is the BBC sending Lineker and co, to World wide destinations, just to provide a studio based commentary, what's the point? If it weren't for the fact that we're paying for it I wouldn't be bothered, such as ITV can do as they like, they realise their own cash stream, the BBC don't
    It’s called generating an atmosphere. If you were travelling anywhere by bus or train you wouldn’t like it if the windows were blacked out, or painted with images of trees, would you?

[QUOTE=LaxtonLad;3892381It’s called generating an atmosphere.[/QUOTE]

From a studio that could be anywhere, how does that generate an atmosphere?

They could super impose a live backdrop in a London studio, instead, this lot will be on a month long jolly at our expense.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 19-06-2018 at 02:52 PM.

From a studio that could be anywhere, how does that generate an atmosphere?

They could super impose a live backdrop in a London studio, instead, this lot will be on a month long jolly at our expense.
    I'm confused.

we should all just stop paying the licence fee.
    I thought you were going to stop paying the licence fee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast