+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC or ITV?

BBC or ITV?

Who's coverage does everyone prefer, I side with the BBC as in the Germany v Mexico match, Keane, Billic, Wright and Neville were draining the life out of me, they looked like they were at a funeral. Perhaps ITV pundits have been banned from smiling, they bring no joy to the viewer apart from the off chance Keane might do something interesting.

Actually it was Brazil v Switzerland.

There is a commentator on ITV, whose name I've never been bothered enough to find, who does little more than quote lists of footballing facts, club's histories; a player's life story, his ex-clubs, past injuries, his favourite colour, his kid's hobbies, his astrological sign, his wife's favourite food, the family's dog, etc.

Who is that ex-Liverpool... - got it! - Steve McMahon, yes, that's him. Listening to his screeching, agonising scouser accent is like listening to audible sandpaper rubbed on broken glass.

I quite like Glenn Hoddle's expert but unobtrusive comments, though.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Who's coverage does everyone prefer, I side with the BBC as in the Germany v Mexico match, Keane, Billic, Wright and Neville were draining the life out of me, they looked like they were at a funeral. Perhaps ITV pundits have been banned from smiling, they bring no joy to the viewer apart from the off chance Keane might do something interesting.
    Not in the UK at the minute but would definitely choose ITV, I love listening to Keane who speaks his mind, Bilic is an interesting guy too. BBC pundits are too bland and don't really add anything apart from 'great strike' 'great run' 'good save' and other stuff we already knew.

BBC only cos no ads, but I still mute the sound at half time, and turn it off straight after a game, can't be arsed listening to them.

BBC definitely , but I am irritated seeing " German Anus" making his usual minimal contribution, in view of his previous very negative attitude towards NCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    BBC definitely , but I am irritated seeing " German Anus" making his usual minimal contribution, in view of his previous very negative attitude towards NCFC

How he got a job as a pundit I’ll never know. BBC definitely better but he spoils it every time for me ��

Definitely the BBC for me. I can't stand Mark Pougatch droning on and Glenn Hoddle talking rubbish

Usually prefer BBC but ITV better this time with Keane, Bilic and Neville. BBC commentators very bland and Keown was piss poor last night.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    There is a commentator on ITV, whose name I've never been bothered enough to find, who does little more than quote lists of footballing facts, club's histories; a player's life story, his ex-clubs, past injuries, his favourite colour, his kid's hobbies, his astrological sign, his wife's favourite food, the family's dog, etc.

Who is that ex-Liverpool... - got it! - Steve McMahon, yes, that's him. Listening to his screeching, agonising scouser accent is like listening to audible sandpaper rubbed on broken glass.

I quite like Glenn Hoddle's expert but unobtrusive comments, though.
    No it’s not McMahon, it’s Bannamon, or something like that. 😇

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast