+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A brilliant read

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Yes I agree food banks, clothing banks and various charitable organisations exist, but in this country people are given enough money to eat and cloth themselves. Yes, it's very basic, but they are given enough if they are in the system and not illegal.

But like most people these unfortunates want the "Extras" in life that their benefits don't stretch to, such as holidays, alcohol, Sky TV on a 65" 4K QLED TV, Superdry clothing for their two year old
    So they call "Wonga" or somebody for a loan at 1,999% or whatever and then they are in real trouble for the rest of their lives

People in this Country and the United States more so than any other in the World have the same attitude to material things, it's like they are entitled to it even though they can't afford it.

So, if they can't afford it, they borrow it, if they can't repay it, they borrow some more, if they can't borrow more, they go bankrupt.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the State not providing them with enough to eat, cloth themselves, keep warm and put a roof over their heads
    I agree with you about the entitled state of some people and how for many, equality means 'I want what he's got' whether they want to work for it or not.

However, there are a growing number of working people who simply cannot afford to eat. Many people aren't given enough money to eat and clothe themselves. Sure, the majority are, and what we class as poverty would be untold riches in other countries, but there really are decent people who've fallen through the cracks and simply don't have enough resources to feed themselves and their families.

See here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40431701

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/educat...se-a-food-bank

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27032642

I would encourage you to go to a food bank and talk to a parent working several jobs and still being unable to pay for food, utilities, housing and clothing. Something has to give, and it's oftentimes food that's first to go. It shouldn't be a luxury, especially when children are concerned.

If you can't see that there are people in this country who are literally living like this day to day, you're either blind or wilfully ignorant, I'm afraid.

25 yrs ago just over I was made redundant like in a job Thursday unemployed Friday no notice the week before my wife left her job it was 6 weeks before I could claim any money we had 2 kids at school and they still said we couldn't have any money till then,we had to borrow money off family,never felt as low or angry in my life,so I can bet there's plenty of people out there today who are struggling to make ends meet through no fault of their own

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12