+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A brilliant read

A brilliant read

Whatever you think of romelu lukaku if this doesn't make you like him nothing will,what an absolutely enthralling read

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-things-to-say

I like him without reading the article.

Excellent article.

Gives a whole new meaning to black and hungry.

What we take for granted, for some people can be a luxury.

Incredible story, you do wonder how a Country like Belgium, the headquarters of the European Union can allow it's people to live like that though

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Incredible story, you do wonder how a Country like Belgium, the headquarters of the European Union can allow it's people to live like that though
    You do know that people live like this over here too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    You do know that people live like this over here too, right?

I'm sure some people have a choice of whether to have milk on their cereals or shoot their next fix of heroin, but I'm pretty sure nobody who is here legally and who is known to the authorities is left to starve

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I'm sure some people have a choice of whether to have milk on their cereals or shoot their next fix of heroin, but I'm pretty sure nobody who is here legally and who is known to the authorities is left to starve
    Google some of the stories about food banks in this country, about parents starving themselves so their children can eat. I'm no bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination but the fact of the matter is that people in this country are starving and **** all is being done about it. Lukaku's story could just have easily been someone in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Google some of the stories about food banks in this country, about parents starving themselves so their children can eat. I'm no bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination but the fact of the matter is that people in this country are starving and **** all is being done about it. Lukaku's story could just have easily been someone in this country.

Yes I agree food banks, clothing banks and various charitable organisations exist, but in this country people are given enough money to eat and cloth themselves. Yes, it's very basic, but they are given enough if they are in the system and not illegal.

But like most people these unfortunates want the "Extras" in life that their benefits don't stretch to, such as holidays, alcohol, Sky TV on a 65" 4K QLED TV, Superdry clothing for their two year old
    So they call "Wonga" or somebody for a loan at 1,999% or whatever and then they are in real trouble for the rest of their lives

People in this Country and the United States more so than any other in the World have the same attitude to material things, it's like they are entitled to it even though they can't afford it.

So, if they can't afford it, they borrow it, if they can't repay it, they borrow some more, if they can't borrow more, they go bankrupt.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the State not providing them with enough to eat, cloth themselves, keep warm and put a roof over their heads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast