+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT / Trump & Immigrant Children

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    The law is that parents being held for prosecution will not have their children held alongside them. The law was introduced by G.W. Bush. In neither the Bush nor Obama administration did the US prosecute parents when they were accompanied by their children. Instead they were either immediately deported or granted temporary asylum while their immigration case was waiting to be heard.
    As I'm sure you are aware Andy, this system did not work. Thanks to things like sanctuary cities and the ridiculous catch and release schemes. The law has been in place for over 20 years and successive presidents have had ample opportunity to change it. However, it suited their political ends to circumvent the law rather than legislate a law more suitable to their agendas. I'll leave that to your imagination as to why that was.

Once again, Trump has inherited a mess which he has to deal with. In line with the policies that he stood for during his campaign he has decided to enforce the law (after all, that's what laws are there for isn't it?). The whole issue surrounds 'illegal' immigrants. There is an immigration process which is not illegal which if followed children will not get separated from parents whilst the application is processed. That is the route that families should be taking. If an American citizen commits a crime, they go to jail. They do not take their children with them. The children are placed elsewhere. Illegal immigrants are committing a crime. Why should they be treated differently? I would be more inclined to be angry with past regimes who virtually incentivised the breaking of laws with regards to this by catch and release etc.

The onus of responsibility in relation to the children lies with the parents. They have a choice. However, with certain ideologies and political thinking the children are used as mere tools to engineer sympathy (ie Palestine where children are strategically placed on the front line while adults hurl rocks and set off kite bombs).

The truth is that Obama was doing this to some degree for years but nobody said anything. However, now it is a political distraction and very convenient for the Trump bashing brigade and it certainly takes people's minds off the booming economy, the successful North Korea talks and the IG report which exposes Comey's corrupt witch hunt on behalf of Killary.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNewsVoic...0618593086695/

Oh but hang on he seems to have changed his mind again again again again

At the White House, Trump said: “We’re looking to keep families together. Very important. We’re going to be signing an executive order. We are also going to count on Congress, obviously.”

One thing he isn't changing his mind on though - breaking ranks with those screwy scientists who think there's such a thing as climate change!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    What WAS going on under Obama was hundreds of thousands of undocumented illegal immigrants wondering all over the USA, an awful lot of them criminals, most of them with an insurance policy of deliberately having Children to protect them from the law of the land.
    That has now been stopped, the children are now being cared for, far, far better by the immigration authorities than they ever were by their parents.
    The "cages" are so exaggerated & short term for the use of the media, the children are getting on going care in buildings, not cages.
    What we have to do is solve this mass migration problem that is happening all over the world,all successful economies are vulnerable to these massive influxes, its the soft ones that are targeted by the migrants such as Europe, what has followed is a complete loss of identity as the migrants bring their muslim stone-age beliefs with them, not many going to China or Russia though.
    Reminds me of the Merkel debacle, so called "refugee children", the first thing they ask for is a razor blade to shave off their 30 year old beards.
    There are huge numbers of migrants in Russia and China.

The only way that you’ll ever stop mass illegal migration is by making the world more economically equal. How you do that? I don’t know, to be honest. Walls, moats, child concentration camps, gun boats on the med and whatever else will have a completely negligible effect whilst someone in Guatemala or Somalia has a much worse life than someone in America or Britain, purely through the accident of birth.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Magpie Tony is a good man, believe you me.
    Sorry, Crazyfists, I don't (believe you)

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post

The only way that you’ll ever stop mass illegal migration is by making the world more economically equal. How you do that? I don’t know, to be honest. Walls, moats, child concentration camps, gun boats on the med and whatever else will have a completely negligible effect whilst someone in Guatemala or Somalia has a much worse life than someone in America or Britain, purely through the accident of birth.
    Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.

On the second point, the economic welfare and prosperity of any nation, is the responsibility of their own government, not ours. The oft quoted situation in India is a prime example where the rulers prefer a space programme to decent housing and sanitation, same with China to a large extent.

Billions have been pumped in to infrastructure and aid in the third World and it's all been gobbled up by corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post

"Making the world more economically equal"

Is that like giving money to Rwanda so that even a poor African country can sponsor a Premiership club?

'Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.'
    And why do you think the Australian way attracted worldwide condemnation, Airborn? Because it treated people like animals, stripping them of their rights.
    Nor does your response prove that what Jacob says is incorrect. If your life is a living hell through no fault of your own, what have you got to lose? What kind of a society turns its back on people who have nothing and nowhere to go?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    'Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.'
    And why do you think the Australian way attracted worldwide condemnation, Airborn? Because it treated people like animals, stripping them of their rights.
    Nor does your response prove that what Jacob says is incorrect. If your life is a living hell through no fault of your own, what have you got to lose? What kind of a society turns its back on people who have nothing and nowhere to go?
    The kind of society that knows that these people who "have nothing & nowhere to go" know that it is a complete fallacy. The hundreds of thousands that we are talking about are purely economic migrants that soak up the aid that is quite welcomely given & rightly so to refugees that are in dire need.
    We are now at saturation in Europe, so the old saying of cry wolf kicks in & decent folk that would help normally tar the refugees with the same brush as the scroungers, patience has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So if someone breaks into your cottage in West Ayton, ignores your pleas to vacate, sticks up 2 fingers and then demands that you clothe and feed them Sidney....you are happy with that?

Just in case you are hard-hearted, they bring along a couple of squealing kids, tv cameras and an anti-racist written agenda approved by the bleeding-heart liberals.

The day that you tell your wife and daughter that you are selling everything and donating it to the Libyan Rescue Boats ....is the day I start believing you are remotely serious....until then, I assume you are like the rest of us...."Whats mine is mine"....."Now **** off and find a job"

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.

On the second point, the economic welfare and prosperity of any nation, is the responsibility of their own government, not ours. The oft quoted situation in India is a prime example where the rulers prefer a space programme to decent housing and sanitation, same with China to a large extent.

Billions have been pumped in to infrastructure and aid in the third World and it's all been gobbled up by corruption.
    Australia is completely incomparable to America or Europe because of simple geography and relatively small numbers.

I don't disagree on the second point. Which is why I said that I have no idea how to do it. My point is simply that whilst that is the case you aren't going to stop migration, no how many walls you try and build.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast