+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT / Trump & Immigrant Children

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    "Making the world more economically equal"

Is that like giving money to Rwanda so that even a poor African country can sponsor a Premiership club?
    Nope, it's finding a way to distribute wealth in a way that doesn't end up in the hands of the Rwandan government but lifts the economic conditions of the 60+% of people in Rwanda who are living in extreme poverty. As i've already said, I have no idea how you do it, but this can be reflected for basically every country outside of Europe from where there is mass migration. Whether it's extreme poverty, war, persecution, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So if someone breaks into your cottage in West Ayton, ignores your pleas to vacate, sticks up 2 fingers and then demands that you clothe and feed them Sidney....you are happy with that?

Just in case you are hard-hearted, they bring along a couple of squealing kids, tv cameras and an anti-racist written agenda approved by the bleeding-heart liberals.

The day that you tell your wife and daughter that you are selling everything and donating it to the Libyan Rescue Boats ....is the day I start believing you are remotely serious....until then, I assume you are like the rest of us...."Whats mine is mine"....."Now **** off and find a job"
    Oh fluck me, goatman's been raiding the tequila store. Taking a quite ridiculous stance doesn't win you any arguments.
    Giving up all of my worldly goods won't alter anything. It's systems that have to change, but, for the record, I give generously to a number of 3rd world causes.
    Btw, because you set no store on your privacy doesn't mean the rest of us don't either. Why do you feel this compulsion to reveal irrelevant details about posters you argue with. I have been hearing recently about your invasion of another poster's privacy to a quite bizarre degree. Did you ever hear that discretion is the better part of valour?

[QUOTE=sidders;38924735]'Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.'
    And why do you think the Australian way attracted worldwide condemnation, Airborn? Because it treated people like animals, stripping them of their rights.
    Nor does your response prove that what Jacob says is incorrect. If your life is a living hell through no fault of your own, what have you got to lose? What kind of a society turns its back on people who have nothing and nowhere to go?[/QUOTE]

What rights, illegal, economic migrants have no rights?

As for your last line, most have enough to pay thousands of $$$$ to people smuggler and are far from homeless. They choose to take a chance and migrate and then send for the family. I have as much sympathy for genuine refugees as the next man but the reality is that few of those we see arriving, are genuinely in need of protection.

It's the economic migrants that have screwed it up for genuine asylum seekers so save your righteous indignation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It's the economic migrants that have screwed it up for genuine asylum seekers so save your righteous indignation for them.
    40% of the world's population live on $2 or less per day, of course you're going to have economic migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Australia is completely incomparable to America or Europe because of simple geography and relatively small numbers.

I don't disagree on the second point. Which is why I said that I have no idea how to do it. My point is simply that whilst that is the case you aren't going to stop migration, no how many walls you try and build.
    The principle remains the same surely?

Naval boats, intercepting illegals at sea sends a much different message to chancers than charity boats, setting sail to pick up immigrants, virtually from the beach in Libya.

The charity boats are responsible for creating this land of milk and honey image and are arguably responsible for the deaths of many of those who took the chance and drowned. Were we not perceived as such an easy touch, many of these people would still be alive with their families.

The charities just scoop them up then expect to be able to just drop them off somewhere and forget them, I'm surprised it took so long for such as Italy to say enough. The charities, if they are so concerned for peoples safety at sea, should land the illegals back on the beach they left from.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 20-06-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Jacob, the above was Airborn's post NOT mine. His viewpoint (which says that migrants don't even have human rights) comes from the right wing press.
    The quote below is a digest from AUSTRALIAN writers about their own ****ty system for dealing with refugees and asylum seekers.

There is increasingly
    more and more evidence that detention centres hold asylum
    seekers in conditions harsher than those felt by convicted
    criminals. After Baxter detention centre held a mentally ill
    Australia citizen for nine months, an investigation showed the
    harsh conditions within detention centres. There are beds
    without mattresses, toilets without doors and showers without
    curtains. Is this how Australia treats asylum seekers with dignity
    and respect? The United Nations Human Rights Commission
    has said that conditions in Australia’s detention centres are
    “offensive to human dignity”.

Jacob, the above was Airborn's post NOT mine. His viewpoint (which says that migrants don't even have human rights) comes from the right wing press.
    The quote below is a digest from AUSTRALIAN writers about their own ****ty system for dealing with refugees and asylum seekers.

There is increasingly
    more and more evidence that detention centres hold asylum
    seekers in conditions harsher than those felt by convicted
    criminals. After Baxter detention centre held a mentally ill
    Australia citizen for nine months, an investigation showed the
    harsh conditions within detention centres. There are beds
    without mattresses, toilets without doors and showers without
    curtains. Is this how Australia treats asylum seekers with dignity
    and respect? The United Nations Human Rights Commission
    has said that conditions in Australia’s detention centres are
    “offensive to human dignity”.
    I know - the quote system on here hasn't been modernised for about ten years.

'Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.'
    And why do you think the Australian way attracted worldwide condemnation, Airborn? Because it treated people like animals, stripping them of their rights.
    Nor does your response prove that what Jacob says is incorrect. If your life is a living hell through no fault of your own, what have you got to lose? What kind of a society turns its back on people who have nothing and nowhere to go?
    You're changing what you said, now you add 'human' to 'rights'.

The fact is that they have no right to try and enter any country illegally so are detained, what's the issue?

The harsh fact is that the Australian model has worked and many hundreds of lives have been saved in the fact that people have not set sail and drowned.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 20-06-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Oh fluck me, goatman's been raiding the tequila store. Taking a quite ridiculous stance doesn't win you any arguments.
    Giving up all of my worldly goods won't alter anything. It's systems that have to change, but, for the record, I give generously to a number of 3rd world causes.
    Btw, because you set no store on your privacy doesn't mean the rest of us don't either. Why do you feel this compulsion to reveal irrelevant details about posters you argue with. I have been hearing recently about your invasion of another poster's privacy to a quite bizarre degree. Did you ever hear that discretion is the better part of valour?
    Everyone knows who you are....you were "outed" years ago following your pathetic rants against the Trews, not by me I hasten to add....as for me "invading another's privacy", a certain person dared me to "find him" on an open forum, the thread is there for everyone to read.....so I phoned him from Mexico a few hours later....big deal....as far as I am aware he is OK with it and it was never mentioned again despite us occupying the same threads on multiple occasions.

Be careful slinging mud around in public Alan....some of it might stick!

'Not true, despite World wide condemnation, the Australian stance on illegal, boat migration has been a complete success in stopping arrivals AFAIK.'
    Nor does your response prove that what Jacob says is incorrect. If your life is a living hell through no fault of your own, what have you got to lose? What kind of a society turns its back on people who have nothing and nowhere to go?
    So what is your answer, take in every one who wants to come? NHS can't cope now, schools overcrowded also.
    It is just not viable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast