+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT / Trump & Immigrant Children

OT / Trump & Immigrant Children

Trump is really scoring a massive own goal with this separating illegal immigrant children from their parents issue. He says he won't budge on it either until Dems approve funding for his border wall (weren't the Mexicans supposed to fund that?).

While there are a few insane Conservatives that will support Trump on this issue, the 'moderates' won't approve. Can this be described as anything but a PR disaster and a massive gift to the Dems?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Trump is really scoring a massive own goal with this separating illegal immigrant children from their parents issue. He says he won't budge on it either until Dems approve funding for his border wall (weren't the Mexicans supposed to fund that?).

While there are a few insane Conservatives that will support Trump on this issue, the 'moderates' won't approve. Can this be described as anything but a PR disaster and a massive gift to the Dems?
    How long has the law been in place and who introduced it? Why is it of so much interest now?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    How long has the law been in place and who introduced it? Why is it of so much interest now?
    Who was it that said,'suffer the little children to come unto me' ?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    The law is that parents being held for prosecution will not have their children held alongside them. The law was introduced by G.W. Bush. In neither the Bush nor Obama administration did the US prosecute parents when they were accompanied by their children. Instead they were either immediately deported or granted temporary asylum while their immigration case was waiting to be heard. Only in rare cases (for example, when there were legitimate concerns that the accompanying adults weren't actually related to the kids they brought along) were supposed parents and children separated.

In contrast to this practice, Trump has declared a 'zero tolerance' policy and ordered immigration authorities to prosecute any illegal immigrants even if they have accompanying children - which then separates the children from their parents and puts them in a facility much like a prison (now around 2000 children). Trump has indicated that he won't allow this law to be changed unless Dems approve of funding for the border wall that he previously claimed would be paid for by Mexico.

So despite the incorrect information that some hardcore republicans are claiming that this was going on under Obama (who I'm no fan of), this is actually very new. And public opinion polls show that a firm majority of Americsns don't support Trump's handling of this issue.

So I ask again - how is this anything other than an own goal by Trump?

...and I'm also surprised at you Tony: as a Christian that appears to take theology quite seriously, shouldn't you be more compassionate, particularly when it involves children? How do you think Jesus would respond to a matter like this?
    Last edited by andy6025; 20-06-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Who was it that said,'suffer the little children to come unto me' ?
    Jimmy Savile.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    The law is that parents being held for prosecution will not have their children held alongside them. The law was introduced by G.W. Bush. In neither the Bush nor Obama administration did the US prosecute parents when they were accompanied by their children. Instead they were either immediately deported or granted temporary asylum while their immigration case was waiting to be heard. Only in rare cases (for example, when there were legitimate concerns that the accompanying adults weren't actually related to the kids they brought along) were supposed parents and children separated.

In contrast to this practice, Trump has declared a 'zero tolerance' policy and ordered immigration authorities to prosecute any illegal immigrants even if they have accompanying children - which then separates the children from their parents and puts them in a facility much like a prison (now around 2000 children). Trump has indicated that he won't allow this law to be changed unless Dems approve of funding for the border wall that he previously claimed would be paid for by Mexico.

So despite the incorrect information that some hardcore republicans are claiming that this was going on under Obama (who I'm no fan of), this is actually very new. And public opinion polls show that a firm majority of Americsns don't support Trump's handling of this issue.

So I ask again - how is this anything other than an own goal by Trump?

...and I'm also surprised at you Tony: as a Christian that appears to take theology quite seriously, shouldn't you be more compassionate, particularly when it involves children? How do you think Jesus would respond to a matter like this?
    What WAS going on under Obama was hundreds of thousands of undocumented illegal immigrants wondering all over the USA, an awful lot of them criminals, most of them with an insurance policy of deliberately having Children to protect them from the law of the land.
    That has now been stopped, the children are now being cared for, far, far better by the immigration authorities than they ever were by their parents.
    The "cages" are so exaggerated & short term for the use of the media, the children are getting on going care in buildings, not cages.
    What we have to do is solve this mass migration problem that is happening all over the world,all successful economies are vulnerable to these massive influxes, its the soft ones that are targeted by the migrants such as Europe, what has followed is a complete loss of identity as the migrants bring their muslim stone-age beliefs with them, not many going to China or Russia though.
    Reminds me of the Merkel debacle, so called "refugee children", the first thing they ask for is a razor blade to shave off their 30 year old beards.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    What WAS going on under Obama was hundreds of thousands of undocumented illegal immigrants wondering all over the USA, an awful lot of them criminals, most of them with an insurance policy of deliberately having Children to protect them from the law of the land.
    That has now been stopped, the children are now being cared for, far, far better by the immigration authorities than they ever were by their parents.
    The "cages" are so exaggerated & short term for the use of the media, the children are getting on going care in buildings, not cages.
    What we have to do is solve this mass migration problem that is happening all over the world,all successful economies are vulnerable to these massive influxes, its the soft ones that are targeted by the migrants such as Europe, what has followed is a complete loss of identity as the migrants bring their muslim stone-age beliefs with them, not many going to China or Russia though.
    Reminds me of the Merkel debacle, so called "refugee children", the first thing they ask for is a razor blade to shave off their 30 year old beards.
    You have to remember our Canadian friend hates Trump, he kept calling him a ***** and said his threats against North Korea were hollow. But low and behold he got Kim to the table and things seem to have calmed down.

Magpie Tony is a good man, believe you me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You have to remember our Canadian friend hates Trump, he kept calling him a ***** and said his threats against North Korea were hollow. But low and behold he got Kim to the table and things seem to have calmed down.
    This Andy fellow a Canadian then I suppose?, Lovely Country in my opinion, beautiful from my 2 visits there.
    Thought about living there, that was soon stopped when I could not meet the criteria..... if only I was of another religion with 7 kids & earning nothing.

In all honesty just cannot see all the hate towards Trump, he was elected on what he said he would do & he is doing it, he will go down as one of the great POTUS's.
    Last edited by RoyalBulwell; 20-06-2018 at 02:27 PM.

People have basically had enough of economic migrants being able to take the pssi out of immigration law and basically scam the system.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44546030

We all remember the shots of the 'boy' who claimed to be 15 but was very clearly much older yet he was let in despite the public, openly laughing at the system that allows it, I wonder where he is now? They know the loopholes and just what to say to get in to the country and then they disappear.

The sad fact is that the people who are in genuine need of help, are the real victims in this and you only have the softly, softly approach to enforcing immigration law previously, to blame. Nobody would baulk at letting genuine asylum seekers in to the country, had we not already been inundated by phoneys and chancers.

Italian, charity boats are patrolling the Libyan coast now, what message does this send, is it a responsible thing for the charities to do? Would be asylum seekers don't even have to get in to EU waters now, charities are basically trawling for them and making it very, very easy and they obviously take full advantage.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 20-06-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast