Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
So what is your answer, take in every one who wants to come? NHS can't cope now, schools overcrowded also.
It is just not viable.
That's a major point that I alluded to in post 25, the charity groups and liberals, don't give a thought to the effect on infrastructure and communities of immigration on such a scale.

Where are they all supposed to live, be educated, receive medical care? Housing stock is not available, school and NHS dentist places are at a premium and the Health Service is seemingly on it's uppers.

Government needs to build 250,000 new, affordable homes every year just to keep up with demand (not happening), NHS funding will almost certainly require tax rises that nobody wants and we don't have enough doctors, teachers or school places.

The reality is that regardless of the guilt trip laid on people by the Liberals, the practicalities and realities, do not lend themselves to accommodating immigrants on such a scale. Had we not already been inundated by legal migration from the EU, it would perhaps be more viable but we are where we are.

The UK is now the third most crowded land mass in Europe I think I read somewhere.