+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baggie player scored in WC

Some advice for Watergate Bay Tomas.

As you come down the hill into the bay there’s a car park on your left,if it’s full take the right hand bend and there’s a car park on the grass on your right about 300 yards up that road in front of the Beachcombers apartments.

There’s a very good pub almost opposite that car park serving good food.

On the beach there’s another lovely beachside cafe serving food and drink and above it is one of the famous British chefs Jamie Oliver’s Fif**** branded restaraunts but you need to book that in advance.

The Watergate Bay Hotel is a place I have stayed in over 30 times since 1978 and its a place you can just walk into and order bar food and drink.

It’s a place worth devoting at least one day to and I think probably more.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with Newquay though.....it’s a bit downbeat these days.

A day at Watergate followed by a day spent shared between Padstow and Rock ( joined by a 10 minute boat ride ) is Worth going to.

If you have ****age children with you there’s a superb go cart track at St Eval which is between Watergate Bay and Padstow.

Just a three mile ride from Watergate Bay on the way to Padstow is a very nice bay called Mawgan Porth with an excellent pub called The Merrymoor which serves great food.

I hope you find the time to spend a couple of days over in this direction.

I’ll bet you that once you visit Watergate once you’ll want to go back time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some advice for Watergate Bay Tomas.

As you come down the hill into the bay there’s a car park on your left,if it’s full take the right hand bend and there’s a car park on the grass on your right about 300 yards up that road in front of the Beachcombers apartments.

There’s a very good pub almost opposite that car park serving good food.

On the beach there’s another lovely beachside cafe serving food and drink and above it is one of the famous British chefs Jamie Oliver’s Fif**** branded restaraunts but you need to book that in advance.

The Watergate Bay Hotel is a place I have stayed in over 30 times since 1978 and its a place you can just walk into and order bar food and drink.

It’s a place worth devoting at least one day to and I think probably more.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with Newquay though.....it’s a bit downbeat these days.

A day at Watergate followed by a day spent shared between Padstow and Rock ( joined by a 10 minute boat ride ) is Worth going to.

If you have ****age children with you there’s a superb go cart track at St Eval which is between Watergate Bay and Padstow.

Just a three mile ride from Watergate Bay on the way to Padstow is a very nice bay called Mawgan Porth with an excellent pub called The Merrymoor which serves great food.

I hope you find the time to spend a couple of days over in this direction.

I’ll bet you that once you visit Watergate once you’ll want to go back time and again.
    Yet again Mick, thanks for the friendly advice. 😊

My pleasure Tomas.

You’re on the right side of Cornwall at Port Isaac to get quickly to Watergate Bay,Mawgan Porth,Padstow,Holywell Bay within half an hour or not much more so now’s a perfect time.

Wadebridge is just down the road from you if you fancy a visit into a decent inland town and there’s a popular cycle trail that you can hire a bike to go on from there.

What other places are you planning to visit?

My pleasure Tomas.

You’re on the right side of Cornwall at Port Isaac to get quickly to Watergate Bay,Mawgan Porth,Padstow,Holywell Bay within half an hour or not much more so now’s a perfect time.

Wadebridge is just down the road from you if you fancy a visit into a decent inland town and there’s a popular cycle trail that you can hire a bike to go on from there.

What other places are you planning to visit?
    Well, Wadebridge quite regularly, I have my ”local” gym there.

This is our 13th visit to P Isaac, so we have seen quite a lot already. We may go up north a bit, around Bude for instance. Some walks def, a favourite is ”the rollercoast walk” between P Isaac and Port Quin. We like visiting old mines as well, plenty to choose from there.

Def, the right side of Cornwall. 😊

I’m not a massive fan of Bude.

Heading in the opposite direction will bring you some real gems Tomas.

I’m thinking about trying Sweden soon,maybe for a short break for 4 days....probably Stockholm for more of a city break so any advice would be appreciated?

I struggle abroad with the food if I’m honest,I hated the food in Iceland,it was garbage until we discovered Cafe Paris in Rejkavick so would I be okay in Sweden or expected to eat raw fish and eat ham for breakfast?

I’m not a massive fan of Bude.

Heading in the opposite direction will bring you some real gems Tomas.

I’m thinking about trying Sweden soon,maybe for a short break for 4 days....probably Stockholm for more of a city break so any advice would be appreciated?

I struggle abroad with the food if I’m honest,I hated the food in Iceland,it was garbage until we discovered Cafe Paris in Rejkavick so would I be okay in Sweden or expected to eat raw fish and eat ham for breakfast?
    Stockholm is a very beautiful city and capital, many things to see tourist-wise, castles, museums, art collections, all depending on your interests. Don’t miss the Old Town, very quaint and there is beautiful scenery nearby - you should def go out to the archipelago.

I’m in Stockholm quite often, but, I’m not a local (live further south in Sweden) and 99 % of it is work, so I don’t see and know that much about its gems etc. Holiday for me is abroad.

Food-wise, no problems, since you have restaurants with food from all over the world there.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Stockholm is a very beautiful city and capital, many things to see tourist-wise, castles, museums, art collections, all depending on your interests. Don’t miss the Old Town, very quaint and there is beautiful scenery nearby - you should def go out to the archipelago.

I’m in Stockholm quite often, but, I’m not a local (live further south in Sweden) and 99 % of it is work, so I don’t see and know that much about its gems etc. Holiday for me is abroad.

Food-wise, no problems, since you have restaurants with food from all over the world there.
    Btw, on our 25th wedding anniversary I took the mrs to the Royal Opera (Puccini) and to a lovely fish restaurant (Wedholms fisk), paid off well 😜.

I def know where you’re going about Bude and opposite direction, it’s just that we have covered many parts but not that one, thinking of crossing over to Devon maybe too.

Bodmin Moor for some more walking too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)