+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Europa league draw

InversneckieDob - should be two cracking games. I think there will be quite a bit of ignorance/ arrogance from some of our fans who will underestimate the Dons. Thankfully I don't think Sean will allow the team any of that thinking.

Burnley is still a club that has very much an old school feel about it and we have retained that partisan support and atmosphere (certainly for important games)

It is decades since we featured in Europe so you can perhaps understand a few feeling a bit cheated that we get to go as far as er Scotland and perhaps get beaten. Might be a bit of an anti climax but I am sure the atmosphere at both games will be electric!

I totally agree with you Inver. I miss the raw passion and more level playing fields of the 60's and 70's - proper football.

But those days are long gone...so if you can't beat them, join them.

It will be great to play a team with such a rich pedigree...including winning in Europe. Is Fergie a God up there?

If we get beat at least we have avoided getting beat by a Trelleborg level team so we shouldn't get the numpties down the road on giving it large. Not an easy game and from what I have seen of them last season (5 or 6 games) Derek McInnes has them playing half decent football at times.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Sadly I'll miss the home leg but am hopeful of making the Turf Moor trip, not a ground I've visited previously.
    These days the "money ball" EPL leaves me a bit cold but you guys are a proper old club
    How many away tickets do you think we will get?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I totally agree with you Inver. I miss the raw passion and more level playing fields of the 60's and 70's - proper football.

But those days are long gone...so if you can't beat them, join them.

It will be great to play a team with such a rich pedigree...including winning in Europe. Is Fergie a God up there?
    Oh yes, he is.
    Sadly one of the Gothenburg team died a couple of weeks ago, Neale Cooper only 54, devestated.
    Anyway, I'm if an age where I remember Martin Dobson, Ralph Coates etc. proper fitba in them days.
    Our lot are a bit split on the draw.
    A cheap close warm p1ss up abroad would be first pick for most of us, but a trip down your way will be an easy jaunt travel wise and a decent booze up.
    Do you guys reckon you'll sell out?
    It's always a funny one early on in this cup, but we should sell out at home.
    I'd reckon you guys will get about 2200 tickets but the dibble might cut that for segregation reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    If we get beat at least we have avoided getting beat by a Trelleborg level team so we shouldn't get the numpties down the road on giving it large. Not an easy game and from what I have seen of them last season (5 or 6 games) Derek McInnes has them playing half decent football at times.
    Del's too cautious at times, but we're usually well organised.
    I can see him playing for a 0-0 first leg and look to nick it at your place.
    Our problem is that we have no idea what our squad will look like.
    There was a mass exodus end of last season so this will be a busy window.

Tough game but a good draw ..should get two decent gates ...Aberdeen are a good club what will be will be

Another Dons fan here. Booked in to a hotel in Blackburn (booooo) for a couple nights, most in Burnley were fully booked or way too expensive, looking forward to it we seem to have a big crowd coming down for it even lads who won’t get tickets. Hopefully a few good boozers in Burnley and get some banter with you lads.

Sure if you keep posting on here people will point you in the right directions for away friendly pubs. Off the top of my head the Queen Vic / The Cricket Club (next to the ground) Ministry of Ale, and the Bridge are all fairly sensible places to drink as long as no one is giving it Billy Big Balls.

You will seriously love Burnley!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)