+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t - them!

Yes easy overall draw for them. Watched last night on FOX. Derek Rae was commentator. When did he become a full blown Englishman, thought the commentary was woeful. Even the American girl was a little less bias.

Columbia were very very poor and overall even the mighty Brechin could beat them, but they never really got a break all night from the man in the middle. Anytime Kane & Co hit the floor it was a foul and poss yellow card, some quite absurd decisions also. Like at the end where the second ball wasn't on the park ref allowed play to go on but bowler hats decided to stop, so ref disallowed the play...... WTF

If thats the best Engurlund can muster then they should book early tickets to a Siberian Leisure park cos they're on their way next match.

They have also had later kick offs in cooler temps so should have been less draining for them.

Best match feed we get is from FOX but Derek Rae GTF.

To be honest, watching England last night was like watching United last season; lots of possession and passes with no decent final delivery or chances. I genuinely can't see England overcoming better opposition which they will eventually have to do to win it. Have to say though I thought Colombia were a shower of dirty cheating scumbags who were lucky to still have 11 players on the park at the end of the game and pretty much got what they deserved.

Not a fan of England but glad they won last night.
    Columbia way too Roma-esque for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Not a fan of England but glad they won last night.
    Columbia way too Roma-esque for my liking.
    Agreed. Columbia are all that's wrong with modern day football. Glad they're out.

Columbia were absolutely mental. As per Arabdad's comment above, I couldn't believe that they still had 11 players on the park for the whole game. Their gamesmanship was disgraceful and I thought the referee did well not to lose the plot completely.

England can play some decent stuff, but they don't seem to be able to turn their good work into good scoring chances. I definitely don't think they have enough to beat a France or Brazil. And Sweden on Saturday could well put an end to their progress. Here's hoping.

england have some decent players but they havent impressed so far in the tournament. they've struggle to get the better of tunisia and colombia. humped panama and got beat by belgium reserves and think its "coming home"

sweden will surprise them. sweden are a tough nut to crack. maybe dont have the star quality but there no mugs! hope england underestimate them and get done.

the media is the real annoying thing to do with them. unbearable. talking about who they can have in the final after beating someone they were expected to beat in the round of 16?! they might get past sweden but theyll no get past croatia or russia!

Oh well here we go - Cmon Sweden FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Oh well here we go - Cmon Sweden FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't see Sweden beating them James so hopefully Croatia /Russia midweek.

No coincidence that it's honestish teams left in the competition though. All the cheating, diving, rolling about, holding at corners teams(pretty much all the Latin Americans) all oot 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Can't see Sweden beating them James so hopefully Croatia /Russia midweek.

No coincidence that it's honestish teams left in the competition though. All the cheating, diving, rolling about, holding at corners teams(pretty much all the Latin Americans) all oot ��
    We'll see today. Belgium reserves doesn't count so for me this is the first decent test they'll get. I do feel England are rank rotten at the back but have never really been exposed and Sweden will handle their set pieces a lot more effectively I would suspect. For all their attacking 'prowess' England actually create very,very little from open play and have been overly relying on set pieces. What I find hilarious is the media hype about how good they are, but should they lose today expect a complete u-turn with a good dollop of revisionism on top where the media reanalyse their efforts and more accurately reflect that they struggled to beat Tunisia and Colombia and that smashing a pub team actually means diddly squat.

Can the Swedes mash the turnips, hope so 😅

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)