+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t - them!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Honest reply coming up mate.

Panama we would have beaten.
    Tunisia draw(England's group has 2 minnows).
    Saudia Arabia draw at best.
    Egypt draw at best.
    Morocco would have beaten us again.
    Iran would have been even harder than 1978,nae points!.
    Australia(The Organ Grinder singing waltzing Matilda in the stand) a hard fought draw.
    Iceland one point better than England managed .
    Nigeria,we could use the excuse that their strips dazzled us as we slumped to defeat.
    Costa Rica,its 1990 all over again i'm afraid.
    South Korea,thank phuck that country is split in two as we hold out for a draw.
    Japan,Tora Tora Tora and nae points
    Senegal another humbling fae our African cousin's.
    A harsh assessment GB but hard to disagree with any of it. We're so far behind its a bit worrying tbh

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    A harsh assessment GB but hard to disagree with any of it. We're so far behind its a bit worrying tbh
    I reckon we'd beat Japan. Nowhere near the team they were.

Have seen quite a few of the late night games. A couple of things come immediately to the fore.

Most of the players in almost every team seem so much larger, stronger and physically capable than Scotland.
    The skill levels of most are way ahead in terms of simple ball control and distribution.
    The level of commitment has been good throughout with only a few hiding.

I think that once again Scotland would have been valiant exiteers at the group stage only missing out at the last minute from a fluke goal elsewhere.

I would never have said the group of death contained Sweden, Mexico, South Korea and bye bye Germany!

Really disappointed with how bad Germany have been and they should never have beaten Sweden. Players have to have more pride than these guys have shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I would never have said the group of death contained Sweden, Mexico, South Korea and bye bye Germany!

Really disappointed with how bad Germany have been and they should never have beaten Sweden. Players have to have more pride than these guys have shown.
    The news broadcasts since yesterday have been minter-tastic. Some of the reports on Germany's exit have been akin to Funster obsession with United - i.e. celebrate someone else's demise rather than any of your own team's efforts. I'm still sticking by my original post - I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this, not because Ingerlund are in any way world class (far from it), but because our usual best bets seem to be rubbish so far and they have managed to get a draw that they couldn't improve on even if they did it themselves.
    And, as per, the media is starting to get unbearable.

James panic ye not. In some world cups you see favourites emerge in the opening round games but in others top teams emerge only in the knockout stages when they start to play to their full potential. I seem to recall Italy doing that several times. Have to agree about the media down south though - an injury time goal needed v Tunisia and smash a pub team and suddenly the frenzy is on again. Unbelievable Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The news broadcasts since yesterday have been minter-tastic. Some of the reports on Germany's exit have been akin to Funster obsession with United - i.e. celebrate someone else's demise rather than any of your own team's efforts. I'm still sticking by my original post - I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this, not because Ingerlund are in any way world class (far from it), but because our usual best bets seem to be rubbish so far and they have managed to get a draw that they couldn't improve on even if they did it themselves.
    And, as per, the media is starting to get unbearable.
    Totally agree and being of an ABE persuasion really beginning to worry. The smug looks on the faces of the pundits, nearly all of them, about Germany's demise is cringeworthy especially Linekar (there's a face that you'd never weary of punching) and Wright (what a tube). They are acting in exactly the same way that the Scots have regarded English defeats (I admit I enjoy little better than seeing the English media led bubble burst) but the English "could never understand our attitude towards them" and thought we would be right behind them at previous tournaments. I don't dislike the English players or their current style of football, just the hyped up media attitude that makes them unbearable. I still hope in my lifetime we will see Scotland back into a major finals tournament and performing with a liklihood of perhaps getting through a group stage. If we do then no doubt the Scottish media will hype everything up like Argentina 78 but that does not make the current antics of the English press and pundits any better. I thought this time they were all going to take a laid back, we do not expect much attitude but a scraped draw against an ordinary Tunisia and a thrashing of a totally out of their depth Panama and they are back to script of putting huge pressure on their team with their we are the best side left, we can win this attitude.

I work in england a lot and was yesterday when SK scored the office went mental - folk hugging each other. I couldn't believe it. Defo a funster type obsession

A presenter on a morning show today in a pub pulled down a German flag and wiped the bar with it. If that was an Engerland flag they'd probably be calling it a hate crime.

The easy group they are in wont do them much good in the long run. The first heavyweight team they meet will absolutely shut their collective pus.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)