+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t - them!

There hasn't been any outstanding teams in this tournament. It will be won by the team that is organised the best and makes the chances count. France and Belgium both been guilty of blowing it in recent teams. Really hope Croatia win but I can see it being England. They are not a great team, and there have been plenty of better England teams fail in the last 3 decades, but they might just be the right combination to win this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    We'll see today. Belgium reserves doesn't count so for me this is the first decent test they'll get. I do feel England are rank rotten at the back but have never really been exposed and Sweden will handle their set pieces a lot more effectively I would suspect. For all their attacking 'prowess' England actually create very,very little from open play and have been overly relying on set pieces. What I find hilarious is the media hype about how good they are, but should they lose today expect a complete u-turn with a good dollop of revisionism on top where the media reanalyse their efforts and more accurately reflect that they struggled to beat Tunisia and Colombia and that smashing a pub team actually means diddly squat.
    No doubting they've had it easy and it's actually cringeworthy seeing utter cnts like Shearer bum them up but this is the worst English squad I've ever witnessed and Southgate seems to be getting his tactics spot on albeit against inferior opposition. They're no where near as good as Croatia, France or Belgium at football so they'll have to be reliant on their counter attacking tactics and their obvious training ground set pieces. Hope Sweden do them though if not then Croatia.

Belgium v Croatia would be a great final to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can the Swedes mash the turnips, hope so ��
    Havent you said that before on here Stokie kid ?. Ohh well you know what they say, the old ones are the best ones.

Im on the edge of the sofa right now and am starting to shout at the telly already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Havent you said that before on here Stokie kid ?. Ohh well you know what they say, the old ones are the best ones.

Im on the edge of the sofa right now and am starting to shout at the telly already lol.
    Quite possible mate. Enjoy yourself. Tbh i have you down for a 2-1 win.

But football's no coming home.
    Well maybe it would if you got to play all your matches at Wembley 😎

Hey they've just done it again on the Bbc as Ive been typing this, the 'footballs coming home' thing and Im cringing more and more about it. I refuse to get involved in it because we're only setting oursleves up for a big fall, if it does eventually all go wrong!!.

When my club Barnsley won our first ever games at Wembley 2 years ago I didnt get involved in it at the time either, because all of our local club rivals were just queueing up to take the mick. When we won though, then I/we gave it back tenfold of course, and thats only to be expected isnt it.

Unfortunately Sweden are pi5h, they remind me of Scotland.

They are - hanging off Englands attackers all the time too. They could win this comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Unfortunately Sweden are pi5h, they remind me of Scotland.
    They remind you of who, Ive never heard of Scotchland kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They remind you of who, Ive never heard of Scotchland kid.
    The Swedes were meant to be Engurlands stiffest test to date but they were keech - worse than Columbia ffs.

No doubt Russia will fluke a win against Croatia later. 🤔

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)