+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New season captain

New season captain

It's looking unlikely that O'Connor will re-sign for us. So Duffy will probably start the season as club captain. But if Hall & Brisley take his place in the first team, who would you pick to lead us on the pitch?

For me it's a no-brainer. Elliot Hewitt all the way. He was our best and most consistent player last season. He's also played more games for Notts than anyone in the squad except Stead.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    It's looking unlikely that O'Connor will re-sign for us. So Duffy will probably start the season as club captain. But if Hall & Brisley take his place in the first team, who would you pick to lead us on the pitch?

For me it's a no-brainer. Elliot Hewitt all the way. He was our best and most consistent player last season. He's also played more games for Notts than anyone in the squad except Stead.
    There’s no way KN will play Brisley or Hall before Duffy unless he is injured or suspended so he will be captain next season I’m afraid.

Hewitt is still learning and so much more to come from him, making him captain might be a bit premature. Other than that it only really leaves Stead … oh dear.

Hewitt is a great player at this level , but not sure if he has captain qualities. Don't think he's agro enough.

People still slate Duffers but I think he's the right man for the job. You need to be gobby.

I'd say Elliot is a good shout. Wonder if he's got the leadership stuff in him though

Just beat me to it Manc!

This has already been covered on another thread but if you choose the player with most Captaincy experience & guts then it has to be Noble

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    This has already been covered on another thread but if you choose the player with most Captaincy experience & guts then it has to be Noble
    Guts? Noble? Not sure I'd agree with that.

A big part of captaincy is leading and leading by example, two qualities of which Noble is sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

A big part of captaincy is leading and leading by example, two qualities of which Noble is sadly lacking.
    A few people seem to see Noble as a hard man in midfield, which he definitely isn't. I suspect they've rarely seen him play and their views are based on his disciplinary record rather than his performances. Hewitt seems a good choice, but he doesn't appear to be the vocal type on the pitch so may not be suited by the role. I'd be surprised if it wasn't Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Strange but true, probably the only thing Mark Crooked Cooper has ever got right

I'm not convinced Noble will be starting every game though. He certainly wasn't last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

He captained FGR to get promotion to L1 & never got sent off once!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast