+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-3-1-3!

3-3-1-3!

Shocked by Bielsa’s appointment, but not surprised.

Shocked that someone of his stature has agreed to come, but not surprised that AR took this bold step. Last year AR showed his hand with his spat with Wolves, and his conclusion that he was going to follow their model of bringing in the biggest name manager you can find; use his connections to bring in quality loans; and support him with a decent kitty. We now have Bielsa, and a 20 mill kitty funded from the combined 49ers investment and season ticket sales (which AK stated would be used for transfers).

Shocked that Bielsa would want to manage Leeds, but after reading his bio…not surprised. He’s a 62 year old, who wants one last glorious project…where better than at a fallen club that he must have admired from afar back in the 60’s/70’s. He’s an obsessive, innovative coach who demands intensity and work from his players...as do we. He thrives on passionate fans!!!!!

So I think I know why he’s coming, and we know why AR pulled out all the stops to get him...but I'm only guessing at what potential he's seen in the Leeds squad!? Who fits with his preferred formation of high intensity 3-3-1-3? If you haven't seen it, then take a look at this short video on Bielsa's tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRVk4qvDX0

Based on the club’s stated intention to buy 3/4 quality players (the delay in signing anyone only encourages me that those players will be Bielsa’s choice); and the probable signing of 3/4 quality loans, then who from our present squad has Bielsa seen potential in? Apparently he’s watched every single game from last season (poor guy), and informed Orta who needs to be sold/demoted to the U23’s.

For what its worth, here are my thoughts on ‘el-loco’s’ mindset; on how he might go about utilising the present squad. …and he’ll need to, as he works a small squad very hard, with lots of rotation of players. If there’s one consistent criticism of him, it’s that his teams often tire towards the end of a season.
    Anyway, not sure how many of the players listed below will make his first team, but I reckon they can all do a job for him.

Peacock-Farrell
    Alioski/Pearce as left wing-back
    Dallas/Coyle as right wing-back
    Cooper as left centre-back
    Jansson as mid-centre-back
    Ayling as right centre-back
    Forshaw/Viera as segundo volante
    Saiz/Hernandez as enganche
    Roofe/Roberts as wingers

Interesting times, that's for sure.

Or Forshaw?

Play like fulham and wolves its easy

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Shocked by Bielsa’s appointment, but not surprised.

Shocked that someone of his stature has agreed to come, but not surprised that AR took this bold step. Last year AR showed his hand with his spat with Wolves, and his conclusion that he was going to follow their model of bringing in the biggest name manager you can find; use his connections to bring in quality loans; and support him with a decent kitty. We now have Bielsa, and a 20 mill kitty funded from the combined 49ers investment and season ticket sales (which AK stated would be used for transfers).

Shocked that Bielsa would want to manage Leeds, but after reading his bio…not surprised. He’s a 62 year old, who wants one last glorious project…where better than at a fallen club that he must have admired from afar back in the 60’s/70’s. He’s an obsessive, innovative coach who demands intensity and work from his players...as do we. He thrives on passionate fans!!!!!

So I think I know why he’s coming, and we know why AR pulled out all the stops to get him...but I'm only guessing at what potential he's seen in the Leeds squad!? Who fits with his preferred formation of high intensity 3-3-1-3? If you haven't seen it, then take a look at this short video on Bielsa's tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRVk4qvDX0

Based on the club’s stated intention to buy 3/4 quality players (the delay in signing anyone only encourages me that those players will be Bielsa’s choice); and the probable signing of 3/4 quality loans, then who from our present squad has Bielsa seen potential in? Apparently he’s watched every single game from last season (poor guy), and informed Orta who needs to be sold/demoted to the U23’s.

For what its worth, here are my thoughts on ‘el-loco’s’ mindset; on how he might go about utilising the present squad. …and he’ll need to, as he works a small squad very hard, with lots of rotation of players. If there’s one consistent criticism of him, it’s that his teams often tire towards the end of a season.
    Anyway, not sure how many of the players listed below will make his first team, but I reckon they can all do a job for him.

Peacock-Farrell
    Alioski/Pearce as left wing-back
    Dallas/Coyle as right wing-back
    Cooper as left centre-back
    Jansson as mid-centre-back
    Ayling as right centre-back
    Forshaw/Viera as segundo volante
    Saiz/Hernandez as enganche
    Roofe/Roberts as wingers
    WTF is a "segundo volanche" and "enganche"? Speaka da Engleeeeesh!

I'm trying to speaka da Bielsa...especially as he speaka no Engleeeeesh.

Can't even imagine how scared/excited our squad are right now. Take a look at this video of a training session at Marseille. The last half minute says it all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLA7qPPgGso

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    I'm trying to speaka da Bielsa...especially as he speaka no Engleeeeesh.
    I still don't know what "segundo volanche" and "enganche" mean!

Seems like a good enough system but the question i would ask Is, how many footballers are intelligent enough to follow it and do we have any?
    Twitter, Instagram and Facebook seems to challenge most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Seems like a good enough system but the question i would ask Is, how many footballers are intelligent enough to follow it and do we have any?
    Twitter, Instagram and Facebook seems to challenge most of them.
    Answers - "Not many" (how prevalent is it as a formation?) & "even fewer" (based on the previous answer)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I still don't know what "segundo volanche" and "enganche" mean!
    Segundo Volante is probably the most complete role of them all. It’s a demanding role and takes a certain type of player to pull it off. The player must have the attributes similar to those of the Box to Box midfielder for attacking situations. Then when the ball is lost he needs the attributes that you’d expect to find in a Defensive Midfielder, hence why its a complete midfielder role.

True or False ?
    A more recent European player you might be familiar with, playing this role would be Bastian Schweinsteiger.
    A beautiful English example of late is Leeds Unied player Luke Murphy.

The 'Enganche' is a Argentinian footballing term, which is used to describe a traditional playmaker or creative midfielder. A predominant playing style within the South American country, Mmm, Luke Murphyesque again ......

MOT

.....and I did know the termology - honest .......

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)