+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3-3-1-3!

Pace & Strength will be the core values to consider as will the clubs Medical Departments veiws on all players Musculoskeletal System history.

Anybody watching last season will know which players will struggle under such a tactical formation ability wise,physically and mentally over a long season of pressure Championship football.

Rotation will be key too as injuries & suspensions are inevitable playing at 'full throttle' - he'll be definitely bringing in players of trusted cool heads with experience of what'll be required to organise our talented youthful exuberance crop of young 'uns on the pitch in 'battle'.

As ever new ideas can take time and the opening fixtures won't sadly allow time so Bielsa will soon figure (probably already has) which players we currently have can adapt to my opening sentence essential criteria.

MOT

Need to get a spring sewed into the arse of Alloiski shorts so that he bounces up again each time he gets blown over.

Why are we trying to fit our current squad into a 3-3-1-3

We know for a fact more than half of them aren't good enough and it is guaranteed Bielsa will play that style. His strength lies in the fact that he can coach any style necessary to suit the game and team.

We've got maybe 5 players who are good enough: Jansson, Ayling, Saiz, Vieira, Hernandez. Rest are either crap or doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Why are we trying to fit our current squad into a 3-3-1-3

We know for a fact more than half of them aren't good enough and it is guaranteed Bielsa will play that style. His strength lies in the fact that he can coach any style necessary to suit the game and team.

We've got maybe 5 players who are good enough: Jansson, Ayling, Saiz, Vieira, Hernandez. Rest are either crap or doubtful.
    We agree in something, for once

Vieira?!

He also changed his favoured format when he went to Athletic Bilbao to a 4,2,1,3 . This one I could see suiting Leeds current squad more than the 3,3,1,3 which seems outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    He also changed his favoured format when he went to Athletic Bilbao to a 4,2,1,3 . This one I could see suiting Leeds current squad more than the 3,3,1,3 which seems outdated.
    I definitely agree that 4-2-1-3 would be a better fit with our present squad...at least a more familiar fit with the back four. And yep, Bielsa has employed that tactic...but his 'pace and strength' style with dynamic movement and interchange was designed around the 3-3-1-3, so I'm wondering whether Bielsa sees Leeds as his new blank slate, one he can once again write his own script on. Are we an opportunity to 'immortalise' his philosophy? Is that what this is all about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    I definitely agree that 4-2-1-3 would be a better fit with our present squad...at least a more familiar fit with the back four. And yep, Bielsa has employed that tactic...but his 'pace and strength' style with dynamic movement and interchange was designed around the 3-3-1-3, so I'm wondering whether Bielsa sees Leeds as his new blank slate, one he can once again write his own script on. Are we an opportunity to 'immortalise' his philosophy? Is that what this is all about!!
    I think we are delving into philosophy and other existential sh1t, it's just f00king football!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Main problem with 3-3-1-3 for us is that it requires players who are very tactically aware and can read a game which very very few of our players can. It also needs incredible technically gifted players which again we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Main problem with 3-3-1-3 for us is that it requires players who are very tactically aware and can read a game which very very few of our players can. It also needs incredible technically gifted players which again we don't have.
    Hey, Joel, careful....don't say the players aren't incredibly technically gifted - they'll get upset..... #safespace

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)