+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

I would welcome back JT with open arms. Give him a contract till January!
    I think huth is a free?

We're being linked with James Collins now. Terry Collins or Huth would be perfect. Infact perfect would be two out of the 3. We're desperate now.
    From what I can see we need a keeper. Bruce seems to a brought a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Bruce seems to a brought a dud.
    Signed a “Dud” Bong ?

Bruce has made 20 signings!

He signs players who made their reputations playing in a given role then tries to re-invent them !

He plays a left back as a right wing back……. despite the fact we have 4 right backs on our books !

At Sunderland Bruce said himself that he “doesn’t do tactics” ????

He has continued with this mantra -only evidence of tactical nous I detected during his tenancy @ AVFC is confined to asking players to “Put their boots on, roll their sleeves up and give it a go…”

For a manager who claims to know what he is doing, Bruce gives an Uber terrific impression of someone who hasn't a Scooby-Doo !!!

"Thats all Folks" !!

Well summed up.

Not sure I agree with all that freer. Some of it maybe. Who are the duds? Who's the left back who plays on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Not sure I agree with all that freer.
    That's your prerogative Bongo

* When Bruce initially signs players they ain't “Duds”

* Bruce has this quality to remove a players self-confidence, disassembles
    them – to the average Joe/fan (ME) they look to be misfits/Duds !

* Look at the team V Sheffield Utd

a)Tuanzebe isn't a full back

b) Jedinak ain't no centre half

c) Hutton’s played out of position

That's 4 out of our back 5 in roles they were not signed for

Bruce couldn't organise a Woodpeckers Breakfast in Sherwood Forest

Hutton is a right winger that plays better on the left. I would have him and Elmo in each side.
    I'm not 100% convinced either freer but I'm not writing Bruce off. I remember this being said last season then we won about 8 in the bounce.
    To to be fair I've probably not watched as many games as yourself so I'm not going to say I'm correct.

I agree that Hutton last season was far more effective at LB than RB but it says a lot that he was preferred to the players recruited for that position. The question is why navigate the transfer window and pre season formation work then end up playing a different formation with players out of position. No-one seems to know the answer and I'm not sure even the man himself does!

I came across an article shared on Twitter recently by a Sunderland fan that highlighted this and an unbalanced squad following multiple signings that left a dispirited team heading for relegation. So far this season:

Hull - won but could have gone either way
    Wigan - won, good result based on their start
    Ipswich and Reading - not won a game between them, bottom two and we couldn't beat either of them
    Brentford - good side, decent result and kept going to get something from the game
    Sheff Utd - battered, our squad should be competing with them

I can only hope that the new signings click and we end up taking the game to the opposition for 90 mins week in week out, the defending is terrible and we certainly lack balance. In the next 6 games we need to show some real quality and generate a confident swagger or we're in trouble.

What formation are we playing? And who's playing where?

To date our performances:

Range from distinctly mediocre to completely unsatisfactory

Under Bruce we have not developed an iota, we lack any sort of game-plan

Steve thanks for steadying the ship

However we desperately in need a coach who's ideas of tactics exceeds asking players to , “Put your boots on, roll your sleeves up and give it a go…” !!

"Thats all Bong " !

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)