+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No contracts for these 3 players

No contracts for these 3 players

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...d-boaz-myhill/
    Apart from Myhill Barcelonia incident, they have done well for us. Yacob and G-Mac oustanding signings wishing them well in their next moves.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...d-boaz-myhill/
    Apart from Myhill Barcelonia incident, they have done well for us. Yacob and G-Mac oustanding signings wishing them well in their next moves.
    100% Agree with Myhill. That hopefully means Palmer is promoted to #2 GK slot.

I would have asked G-Mac to stay in a coaching capacity.

I might have been tempted to keep Yacob on, thought he would be able to offer us at least back up in the Championship.

But very decisive by Big Dave.

It frees up spaces and cuts the wage bill. Of the 3 I would have liked to have seen Yacob retained but understand why he hasn't been. Sad to see G Mac go but his age and lack of matches last season weighs heavily against him. We don't know about his coaching attributes 123. Moore could do with experience in that department I'd imagine. Myhill rarely let us down when he stood in for Foster. Let himself down in Spain however.

Yacob - too slow
    Macauley - too old
    Myhill - too fat

Good to see Yacob booted whilst Barry remains on the books.

#thanksabunch

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Good to see Yacob booted whilst Barry remains on the books.

#thanksabunch

Much rather have Yacob than that useless lump Barry!

So Yacob, Myhill, GMac and Evans gone so the question is - where are the feckin signings? Talk, talk and more talk.

What's changed?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Much rather have Yacob than that useless lump Barry!

So Yacob, Myhill, GMac and Evans gone so the question is - where are the feckin signings? Talk, talk and more talk.

What's changed?
    Their all playing in the world cup Al 😉

We either had the oldest squad in last years PL or one of the oldest. Time to clear out some of the old and replace with younger, hungrier and quicker legs. Hard but time catches up with us all eventually and for me it is 100% the right decision. Need to get rid of some more as well if the opportunity arises.

On a cold November night in Bolton when it’s blowing a gale and the snow is falling there will be a moment when we ship a soft goal and you’ll think to yourself.....,”ahh...if only Yacob and G Mac were playing there’s no way that would’ve happened!”

Regarding G Mac.....this bloke arrived at 31 years old when many are already past it and turned himself into a legend.

Personally I’d have offered him a one year contract and asked him to join the training staff with a view to taking on a coaching role when he retired.

My favourite Albion player of the last decade along with Gera and certainly since Zoltan departed.

Our best pound for pound signing of the last decade imo.

I hope we cross paths again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    On a cold November night in Bolton when it’s blowing a gale and the snow is falling there will be a moment when we ship a soft goal and you’ll think to yourself.....,”ahh...if only Yacob and G Mac were playing there’s no way that would’ve happened!”

Regarding G Mac.....this bloke arrived at 31 years old when many are already past it and turned himself into a legend.

Personally I’d have offered him a one year contract and asked him to join the training staff with a view to taking on a coaching role when he retired.

My favourite Albion player of the last decade along with Gera and certainly since Zoltan departed.

Our best pound for pound signing of the last decade imo.

I hope we cross paths again.

Along with GMac I always took a liking to Yacob, I know that occasionally the Red Mist would descend but I always loved his attitude particularly when he formed a partnership with Mulumbu, not many went passed him and his positional sense was quite good which made up for his lack of pace, I think we'll miss him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)