+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Light years away (partially off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    How about the JJ effect...…….The Blue Spectrum has an arrogant superiority complex and think it's better than the red spectrum
    JJ effect....is that the Jermaine Johnson effect?....the fast as light supastar who did the South Stand run in less than 12 parsecs.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yes Wednesday is fascinating Aussie, I’ll give you that, in the same way Donald Trump is.

The problem with looking towards wormholes and black holes to achieve the objective of interstellar travels is that we don’t know for sure if they exist in the form we want them to. All we know for now is that in some areas of space the gravitational pull is so strong that even light can’t escape, and modern science makes the assumption that it a collapsed star that’s causes it.

I think science will have a Eureka moments in space travel in the next hundred years or two. Once we’ve got away from burning solid fuel to propel spacecraft, they’ll be a several ‘why didn’t I think of that?’ discoveries. What seems beyond belief now will become simple science. Remember how we laughed at Captain Kirk’s phasor and the Doc’s iPad.

Agreed, not the Donald Trump reference of course but the rest of it...personally I'm looking forward to transporters & replicators.

Cue music....
    "A Long Long Time ago in a galaxy far far away..."
    Breaking news
    "here on Imperial storm trooper news we have just found out that the death star has been destroyed, this has caused mass redundancies amongst the rebel alliance, we go over live for an interview with Darth Vader"
    "Darth can you tell us what happened?"
    "Well it was like this, me and the boys were just sharing a few bottles of Peroni, having a crack and a bit of a larf by the pool when a strange round object smashed into the death star..."
    "any ideas where this came from?
    "No not as yet"
    "I believe there was some writing on it Lord Vader"
    "Yes something very strange, it had written on it, "Please retrun to Simmo"".

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Agreed, not the Donald Trump reference of course but the rest of it...personally I'm looking forward to transporters & replicators.
    Looking forward to the replications myself, but I’m with Dr McCoy on having my molecules scrambled.

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Cue music....
    "A Long Long Time ago in a galaxy far far away..."
    Breaking news
    "here on Imperial storm trooper news we have just found out that the death star has been destroyed, this has caused mass redundancies amongst the rebel alliance, we go over live for an interview with Darth Vader"
    "Darth can you tell us what happened?"
    "Well it was like this, me and the boys were just sharing a few bottles of Peroni, having a crack and a bit of a larf by the pool when a strange round object smashed into the death star..."
    "any ideas where this came from?
    "No not as yet"
    "I believe there was some writing on it Lord Vader"
    "Yes something very strange, it had written on it, "Please retrun to Simmo"".
    and I’d just abahht forgot it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345