+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O'Connor

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Hardy has said that there is enough midfielders in the squad already so it looks like notts are going with what they have in that department.
    If he and KN really thought that, why was a special effort made to keep O’Connor by making him a third offer? That statement might yet prove to have been something of a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    If he and KN really thought that, why was a special effort made to keep O’Connor by making him a third offer? That statement might yet prove to have been something of a smokescreen.
    Good riddance if he thinks Imps are a better prospect than the ***y stylish Pies. I do think we need a playmaker in the middle of the field. Noble - on a good day - has the ability, but he was too inconsistent and drifted out of matches last term. Maybe he was lacking match fitness? I like the look of all our midfield signings, maybe there is a Draper in there who can slot straight in.

This is one position where I think Nolan knows much more than any of us about the capabilities of his squad.

The position that puzzles me is left wing, thought we had signed an excellent left winger already, but the club seems to think we need another?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Agree. Notts will replace now he's refused that final 3rd offer. It won't be easy though, quality lower league playmakers/holding midfielders don't grow on trees. Gambling on Husin stepping up could cost an automatic place if it doesn't work out. Where can you find Yates version 2.0?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123