+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor

O'Connor

Signed for Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Signed for Lincoln.
    oh well, 50/50 on him anyway. Stand by the club offering him lower terms based on being crocked last season. No point being held to ransom, for a big risk. Be interesting to see if/who he is replaced with.

Sorry to see him go, but like Mr Soccerman says, We are Notts we move on. 😀

In the early days of AH and KN we were told that if a player coming in wanted time to think about it, the door would be closed, there had to be a keeness to come on board otherwise forget it. In the case of players renewing contracts etc, then the same criteria should apply. There has obviously been some dalliance on behalf of the player here, and so I for one am not disappointed to see him go. The player clearly didn't think highly enough of NCFC to want to stay, so... Cheerio.

Also if he thinks Lincoln City is a better option than Notts he is deluded.

In terms of his on the pitch contribution in the 2 years he has been here, - well let's face it, there has hardly been one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    In the early days of AH and KN we were told that if a player coming in wanted time to think about it, the door would be closed, there had to be a keeness to come on board otherwise forget it. In the case of players renewing contracts etc, then the same criteria should apply. There has obviously been some dalliance on behalf of the player here, and so I for one am not disappointed to see him go. The player clearly didn't think highly enough of NCFC to want to stay, so... Cheerio.

Also if he thinks Lincoln City is a better option than Notts he is deluded.

In terms of his on the pitch contribution in the 2 years he has been here, - well let's face it, there has hardly been one.
    There's some bull-at-the-gate opinions on here. We don't know the full details of the contracts but as I read it he wanted to stay here but also wanted the assurance of a longer that 1year contract. Lincoln, near his home, appear to have offered him the security of a 3year contract and that has to be attractive to anyone at his stage in his career and with I believe family too.

The dalliance surely was in the hope that Notts and he could see eye to eye as well as any holidaying.

Whether his leaving will turn out to be a good or bad thing we'll never know. He wasn't there in the first half of the season when we were at our best but then Yates was.

But I can't help feel that slagging him off is unfair and unreasonable and I wish him well and would have like to have seen how he could perform once fit and in the new setup, but also he is not an irreplaceable loss.

Have Lincoln not given him a 1yr contract with the possibility of a 2nd year?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    There's some bull-at-the-gate opinions on here. We don't know the full details of the contracts but as I read it he wanted to stay here but also wanted the assurance of a longer that 1year contract. Lincoln, near his home, appear to have offered him the security of a 3year contract and that has to be attractive to anyone at his stage in his career and with I believe family too.

The dalliance surely was in the hope that Notts and he could see eye to eye as well as any holidaying.

Whether his leaving will turn out to be a good or bad thing we'll never know. He wasn't there in the first half of the season when we were at our best but then Yates was.

But I can't help feel that slagging him off is unfair and unreasonable and I wish him well and would have like to have seen how he could perform once fit and in the new setup, but also he is not an irreplaceable loss.
    It is just a shame there are not more reasoned opinions like this around. Clubs flick players easily players flick clubs easily. That's the way it works. He got a better offer and moved on. The days of loyalty in football disappeared in the late 90's! Good luck to him hope the replacement is less of an injured crock than he was.

Could be a massive loss because notts do not have anyone as good in that squad to be a play maker.

I'm very disappointed to see him go!

After Christmas our promotion campaign was derailed by the collapse of our midfield when Yates left. What combination of existing midfield players is going to put right that obvious failing?

My best guess is Hewitt and / or Noble, Kellett - but i'm not convinced. As for the kids Crawford and Patching, your guess is as good as mine. Who knows, maybe one of them will have the same impact as the 'unknown kid' Yates did. Somehow the chances of that happening in the rough and tumble of League seems unlikely.

What's the point of spending big bucks on better quality forwards if they don't have quality service from midfield? Hoofball just isn't going to cut it with Dennis and Hemmings.
    Last edited by karl wheatly; 20-06-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Could be a massive loss because notts do not have anyone as good in that squad to be a play maker.
    I wonder when the transfer window opens. Just imagine if we were able to sign someone to replace him........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast