+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44555599

but will he still be able to shoulder responsibility for our inevitable defeat? Actually I think he has done ok but can he rehabilitate Raheem Sterling?

I was going to say outwood it was a great pity it was Southgate who fell and not Sterling.

Is it just me, or are we all being unnecessarily harsh on the little man?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44555599

but will he still be able to shoulder responsibility for our inevitable defeat? Actually I think he has done ok but can he rehabilitate Raheem Sterling?
    Why was he running in a forest?

He can't see the wood for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He can't see the wood for the trees.
    to be fair GS has cleared out a lot of the dead wood. Nor does he have Harry Kane taking corners but doing what he does best getting on the end of them and scoring goals.

If he could get Sterling doing what he does for Citeh, we would be a real force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Is it just me, or are we all being unnecessarily harsh on the little man?
    Not at all, we play two strikers and one can't score. It's a World Cup, we can't keep carrying a non-scoring striker. It's nowt to do with being harsh, his performances simply aren't good enough, and keeping him in is being unfair on Rashford, who should now be given the chance to do show what he has to offer.

He can certainly recover from a shoulder injury very fast. I like his laid back style and he’s certainly done well with dead ball practice. Just hope Tripps isn’t damaged after the TV cut to him getting a thigh bandage on. He’s been a star crosser, pity about the hair!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)