+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Home

Home

To Colchester, first game of the season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/t...xtures/2018-08
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 21-06-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    To Colchester, first game of the season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/t...xtures/2018-08

13th and 12th placed finishes to start the campaign against, got to be happy with that, both a reasonable test of the new squad's capabilities but both very winnable. An early visit to Lincoln is the first big game.

A lot to be happy about. Home 1st up, home over Xmas, new year game isn’t at some far corner of England. Pity we have to wait so long to play the Stags, suppose the positive is that the players would have had approx 20 games together so we have no excuses.

Home Boxing day as well !!

Looking at other clubs' openers, I'm not sure whether to feel envious of Luton or not. Their first three games are Portsmouth away, Sunderland home and Posh away. What a welcome back to the 3rd tier that is!

Tranmere back amongst old friends and yet they start with Stevenage and Cheltenham, it will still feel distinctly non-league for them until they go to Swindon.

Fword, curiously, will have played an extra game before the 2nd round of fixtures get played, which could put them at a big advantage early doors. They usually start strongly.
    Four of the 12 opening day fixtures in the Championship have been moved for TV. Who watches live championship games on a regular basis? the audiences for those must be tiny.

A lot to be pleased about, with home fixtures on the first day, Boxing Day and Good Friday.

Who fancies a Tuesday night in Carlisle in February?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Who fancies a Tuesday night in Carlisle in February?
    Not me, I think I'll go in March.

I see the mighty EFL computer has put both us and the red dogs at home on 26th Jan.
    I wonder who will have to move