+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR Again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Just fokkin leave it, I told you, don't bully meh.
    ??????????????

That referee was as poor as I have seen. Initially made some good decisions before somehow changing his mind when using VAR. The players were a disgrace also, glad Portugal will turned over by Uruguay.
    No doubt FIFA will say the use of VAR has been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ??????????????
    Where have you been?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Oh I see . I think I will stick with Notts mate.

ps. And to think that they are the more intelligent Forest fans.
    Last edited by navypie; 25-06-2018 at 08:37 PM.

VAR is so inept that you really can't say with any certainty that Notts would have got any of those play-off decisions overturned, it really is that bad. They ignore blatant fouls, then give pens for complete accidents. It's bad enough referees on the pitch raising your blood pressure without adding to the sense of anger and injustice by allowing idiots watching a screen to interfere and not only still get things wrong, but also add wrongs where the ref had initially got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ??????????????
    Piegate.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Piegate.
    Shocking scenes . Does anyone know how the fundraising went for Dave's pint ? Never did hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Piegate.
    Don't bully meh ! You never got that when they drank Shippo's.

Apparently the Chateaubriand was especially good that day, so an excellent gastronomic opportunity was missed.

City of Culture anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As I’ve said before the problem is you are bringing more people into the decision making process. Goal line technology is clear cut. Either the whole ball has crossed the white line or it hasn’t. It’s simple it’s scientific and it’s a fact.

The word VAR sounds like something technical and software orientated and scientific. The fact is that it is neither. All it requires is a few officials in a room looking at an incident from different angles and making a decision between them and advising the referee.

So it goes on the interpretation of the rules by what those officials unanimously agee with. What happens if two of them think it’s a penalty or a sending off and the other doesn’t, and vice versa?

It requires those officials viewing VAR to be of a sufficient standard for it to stand any chance of success. For me and what I’ve seen it’s a fVARce and that’s my mind made up and no doubt countless others think the same. So it’s tarnished now in my opinion.

The problem is they rolled it out and now more people are involved the more controversy it will create. Even at World Cup level we have seen some strange decisions as you say.

If you had four League Two referees and VAR I would not bank on the correct decisions being made because it’s only as good as the quality of those who view it and ultimately make a decision.
    These people you speak off though have the ability to see the incident several times from different angles , unlike the referee.
    Therefore they are more likely to come to a correct decision more often...
    the problems involved are players cheat ,
    and the rules leave room for interpretation etc I.E handball ...if its accidental then it is not handball but how many accidentals do we see given as a penalty ........

People are still missing the point. The on field referee makes the decision. All that the chaps do in the VAR room is suggest he watches it again.
    I really don’t like it and what’s worse FIFA think it’s a success. It’s there to correct any massive cock ups. The Spain equaliser being a point in case, ruled out for offside, but was found to be onside.
    The referee got both penalty decisions correct on first viewing, Ronaldo lost control of the ball and went looking for a foul, some might say he got it. The other one, well, that was absolutely shambolic.
    There have obviously been some really good decisions based on VAR, but also some piss poor ones.
    The number of penalties has broken the World Cup record and we still have a long long way to go.
    FIFA will point to the number of goals scored as its basis of a successful tournament. But how many have been VAR assisted?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast