+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR Again !!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Navy and UTM look remarkably similar from here. Every day a new brain cell dies.
    You don't have any to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    VAR is proving too contentious and FIFA are saying its working. Utter tripe. We have seen blatant penalties not given either on field or via VAR, and 50/50 decisions over turned. Where is the ‘clear and obvious error’?
    As I’ve said before the problem is you are bringing more people into the decision making process. Goal line technology is clear cut. Either the whole ball has crossed the white line or it hasn’t. It’s simple it’s scientific and it’s a fact.

The word VAR sounds like something technical and software orientated and scientific. The fact is that it is neither. All it requires is a few officials in a room looking at an incident from different angles and making a decision between them and advising the referee.

So it goes on the interpretation of the rules by what those officials unanimously agee with. What happens if two of them think it’s a penalty or a sending off and the other doesn’t, and vice versa?

It requires those officials viewing VAR to be of a sufficient standard for it to stand any chance of success. For me and what I’ve seen it’s a fVARce and that’s my mind made up and no doubt countless others think the same. So it’s tarnished now in my opinion.

The problem is they rolled it out and now more people are involved the more controversy it will create. Even at World Cup level we have seen some strange decisions as you say.

If you had four League Two referees and VAR I would not bank on the correct decisions being made because it’s only as good as the quality of those who view it and ultimately make a decision.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 22-06-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Well after the joke decisions against Harry Kane we had a double foul on Mitrovich last night that was ignored and now tonight Boeteng the German defender blatantly shoves the Swede in the back when he was clean through.
    When a defender is slightly nudged in the area a free kick is given but the more obvious the foul against the attacker the more it is ignored.What are the var people watching,Coronation Street?

This 'clear and obvious error' needs simplifying, if the decision is 'wrong', it's clear and obvious to me.

More bad press for the system following yet more, inept handling of the system.

That was an absolute joke.

If that was a penalty then I'm a Forest fan.

Not VAR it was the ref....bloody useless, bet we get him down the lane next season...

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    If that was a penalty then I'm a Forest fan.
    Just fokkin leave it, I told you, don't bully meh.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    To be fair, I drew Denmark in the Rugby Club sweepstake
    Rugby, Rugby, rah, rah rah!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast