+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR Again !!

VAR Again !!

Not a penalty for me in the Aussie v Denmark match. The lad as just jumped and the ball hits his trailing arm, he knew nothing about it. Oh for the days when a handball was a handball.

ps. Players will soon have to jump for the ball with their arms tied behind their backs .
    Last edited by navypie; 21-06-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Martin O'Neill arguing with Eni Aluko about it, he wants to be careful there.

The amount of penalties in this tournament is insane, it's ruining the competition for me.
    If that player can deliberately react that quickly to a point-blank effort at goal he should be a goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not a penalty for me in the Aussie v Denmark match. The lad as just jumped and the ball hits his trailing arm, he knew nothing about it. Oh for the days when a handball was a handball.

ps. Players will soon have to jump for the ball with their arms tied behind their backs .
    It wasn't a trailing arm, the arm was lifted and "not in a natural position".

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The amount of penalties in this tournament is insane, it's ruining the competition for me.
    If that player can deliberately react that quickly to a point-blank effort at goal he should be a goalkeeper.
    Yes I agree. VAR is spoiling football

No pointing shooting from 30 yards giving the keeper a chance . Get closer in and aim at players arms, bound to be given then you get a free shot from the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It wasn't a trailing arm, the arm was lifted and "not in a natural position".
    So how is he supposed to jump ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Yes I agree. VAR is spoiling football
    No it's not, it's the poor management of it that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    No it's not, it's the poor management of it that is.
    VAR has exposed just how inadequate the rules are. We need a big overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So how is he supposed to jump ?
    Jumping with a raised arm in the penalty area is risky, in this case the arm deflected the ball. To say you are innocent of any intent and must use your arm to jump is naive and irrelevant.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast