+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Albion release long serving trio

Albion release long serving trio

McAuley, Myhill and Yacob all given free transfers - External Link

I can understand the club letting Gareth McCauley, due to his age, leave and Boaz Myhill, due to us perhaps needing a younger understudy, but Claudio Yacob? Surely he's just the type of player needed in the Championship. He's still only thirty and must have a few more years left in him. I just hope that we don't live to regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I can understand the club letting Gareth McCauley, due to his age, leave and Boaz Myhill, due to us perhaps needing a younger understudy, but Claudio Yacob? Surely he's just the type of player needed in the Championship. He's still only thirty and must have a few more years left in him. I just hope that we don't live to regret it.
    My concern is not getting rid of them 3 with which i agree with , its who's coming in all the same crap we hear season upon season looking at him , monitoring him , thinking of making a bid for him , watching this that & the other , the fact is we ain't signed no one & the fixtures are out , lets get in first & get guys in if we have to fight other teams to sign someone we will lose the player , we wouldn't win if we were in the premier even less chance of competing with other teams now we're in the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    It's like anything LB, sign some good replacements and people won't lament their release, mess up and we'll be questioning why they were let go.
    As things stand now, Myhill, I don't really mind being released. McAuley and Yacob I wonder about, could they still do a job in a division lower? I haven't seen McAuley in action for a while now so I'd need to see where he's at right now, given how quickly aging players can go down hill. Yacob is my most Albion 'Marmite' player, undoubtedly his combative style would be welcomed most weeks in the Chump, but we no longer need to simply not to lose, we need to win, hopefully by playing attacking football, this is why I believe Moore has sanctioned his release (assuming it's down to him of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    My concern is not getting rid of them 3 with which i agree with , its who's coming in all the same crap we hear season upon season looking at him , monitoring him , thinking of making a bid for him , watching this that & the other , the fact is we ain't signed no one & the fixtures are out , lets get in first & get guys in if we have to fight other teams to sign someone we will lose the player , we wouldn't win if we were in the premier even less chance of competing with other teams now we're in the championship .

At this rate it will be last one out - turn the feckin lights off!

West Brom are interested in this Brentford player, this Bristol City player, this International - yeah yeah yeah!!

Same old all the time. Yacob leaving and that c unt Barry still at the club is unbelievable!!! As Chadli told Big Dave yet he does not do hills, if he can't get a better offer?

Jenkins - what a knob! Too slow to sack Pardew and will be too slow to invest in quality players to get us out of this tin pot league!

PS - Bolton first game - can't wait as really mouth watering that one!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)