+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carruthers

Carruthers

Gone to Oxford on loan

We know what's coming here don't we

He decides he likes it at Oxford, where he can get a game without having too work too hard to get the shirt, they want to do a permanent deal but can't afford his wages. We end up giving him away and paying some of his contract up.
    All this for a player who should be worth a couple of million as a first team fringe player in a good Championship side.

if we want a player from League One who is instrumental in his club getting to the top of the League we'd have to pay £2-4 million for him, that's exactly what Carruthers did in our League One season, but apparently he's worth practically nowt

Thought this was gonna be about herb

really thought samir was gonna make it with us showed great potential when he first came in but somats gone wrong somewhere down the line maybe as rumours suggested he just hasnt settled up here but we certainly shouldnt give him away 250k minimum for me

Shame really. Promised much but delivered nowt. Saw him in U23's against Huddersfield, a game you'd expect him to drop into and boss, but he spent his entire game time falling over and whinging. Just hasn't got it above the collar, I reckon.

Samir was a big fish in a small pond, hasn't made any sort of impression since joining, he'll be no great loss, think his level is League One at best......

Easier to accept for those that didn't see him at Southend for those that did it's a mystery whatever happened to that player as we never saw him again

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Easier to accept for those that didn't see him at Southend for those that did it's a mystery whatever happened to that player as we never saw him again
    Alr8 tha went to a away game dunt keep bangin on abart Bully. UTCB

It's a fact rod we never saw that player again

Anyway I have to its memories for me now seein as I can't go anymore that was my last away game unless I'm lucky enough to get a ticket for rovrum but work are making it ever more difficult to get to home games never mind the aways