+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The positive outcome of the general meeting

The positive outcome of the general meeting

Well all in all positive vibes from the meeting
    Tony Mowbray underlines the 6 players needed and in talks with
    Chapman and Armstrong both desperate to return if the price is right and the money is available to sign players
    Only sad news is the departure of David Dunn who has new ventures to explore
    We all would like a couple of new signings to improve the squad but at the very least it sounds like we are trying to do this
    A brave step forward with trusted football people at the forefront of it.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well all in all positive vibes from the meeting
    Tony Mowbray underlines the 6 players needed and in talks with
    Chapman and Armstrong both desperate to return if the price is right and the money is available to sign players
    Only sad news is the departure of David Dunn who has new ventures to explore
    We all would like a couple of new signings to improve the squad but at the very least it sounds like we are trying to do this
    A brave step forward with trusted football people at the forefront of it.

I was surprised at the news of Dunny. That said, our new manager in the waiting Damien Johnson is doing a fantastic job of the Under 23's. I think 6 is about right, I think 3 of those will have played with us last season.

Not sure about Payne champs
    He was inconsistent but if like you said the 3 return then I wouldn't be upset
    Unless You meant antonsson of course and with him the same as Payne inconsistent
    Total faith in Mowbray and with his comments on he will go for the correct personal in the way they will fit in with the group over quality is the correct way of thinking
    Why get a player who believes he is a cut above and upset the apple cart if you like.

I quite liked Payne. I just think he was unlikely to displace Dack. He would have to have been some player to do that. But for me, that does not mean he isn't a decent player. Very much like Samuel, I just have this feeling he would flourish in the Champ in a decent side. I feel both have a lot more to come. I don't see him back at Huddersfeild and think we could land a quality little player on the cheap.

Not Antonsson. He did well and contributed but isn't able to make the step up. And is way too high.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)