+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT-BAe

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,
    I could do that, but I don't think the thread merits that much attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Pity you couldn't do it on the VAR again thread.
    Sid has gotten remarkably more senile in the last few years.....some of his posts are pure nonsense, and the rest are gibberish.

I blame a combination of old-age, Guardian propaganda......and spending his days debating in his own echo-chamber.

My theory, is that as an ex-Notts supporter, he still uses MAD to test the waters of genuine public opinion....then he spends sleepless nights pondering on where and when he became so hopelessly marginalised.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Exactly .......... There can't be many despairing last throws of the dice left for the die hard Remainers.
    Meanwhile the brexiteers continue acting like ostriches!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Meanwhile the brexiteers continue acting like ostriches!
    Irony alert!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sid has gotten remarkably more senile in the last few years.....some of his posts are pure nonsense, and the rest are gibberish.

I blame a combination of old-age, Guardian propaganda......and spending his days debating in his own echo-chamber.

My theory, is that as an ex-Notts supporter, he still uses MAD to test the waters of genuine public opinion....then he spends sleepless nights pondering on where and when he became so hopelessly marginalised.
    Perhaps we should stick him in the NCM retirement home . If he doesn't make it , a ho .

I still see no reason to change my prediction made the day after the vote - the least wealthy 65% of the UK population will suffer a 5% drop in their standard of living as a result of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I still see no reason to change my prediction made the day after the vote - the least wealthy 65% of the UK population will suffer a 5% drop in their standard of living as a result of Brexit.
    ....ahhhh, but how can we be certain that the predicted 5% drop in living standards are down to Brexit?....from what I can see, "relative wealth" of the lower and middle classes has been dropping for decades...whilst the super-rich get exponentially richer.

I see no reason why the poorer half of the population can hope for anything better, inside or outside of the EU....what's the difference?....the rich will always have ways to get richer, whilst the poor rely on Governments to fight their battles for them.

I know where my money is safer, with an accountant that I pay £2k in fees or a local councillor or MP that is too busy climbing the political ladder to bother about Joe Shmoe (unless you are Black, Asian, Immigrant, Transgender, female-metoo, LGBT and with mental health issues)

No old chap, the only way to a modicum of success is applying a liberal dose of "me first" when on the deck of the Titanic...once your arse is securely nailed to a first-class seat on the lifeboat, preferably next to the gin cupboard, then it's time to figure out which of the women and kids you want sat next to you....that's my motto.....inside or outside of Brexit, the rules don't change

So the 'least wealthy of the UK' have had it good whilst tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans have had unfettered access to the labour market?
    Maybe you think that their shares will lose value.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    So the 'least wealthy of the UK' have had it good whilst tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans have had unfettered access to the labour market?
    Maybe you think that their shares will lose value.
    I didn't say they've "had it good" - you made that bit up. I predicted that they will see their standard of living drop by around 5% as a result of Brexit mainly due to higher prices. I believe those tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans work harder for less money than the average Brit. As an example, let's see what happens to fruit and veg prices when they have to be picked by a mainly British workforce.

I didn't say they've "had it good" - you made that bit up. I predicted that they will see their standard of living drop by around 5% as a result of Brexit mainly due to higher prices. I believe those tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans work harder for less money than the average Brit. As an example, let's see what happens to fruit and veg prices when they have to be picked by a mainly British workforce.
    If you believe what we're told, much fruit will lay and rot due to Brits no wanting the job. I agree that they may not want the job, mainly because the greedy landowners, want max profit by paying terrible wages for what is very hard work.

I don't mind 10p on a Kilo of any fruit if it's giving someone a living wage but I despise the attitude of the growers who paint the indigenous workforce as work shy because they won't take hard jobs for what are exploitative wages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12