+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT-BAe

Smile OT-BAe

Threatening to go to China, so what about the big EU brotherhood?

This is simply about money and my guess is that they would have done it anyway (if they do) and are just blaming Brexit to take the heat of them? If Brexit is genuinely to blame, surely at least, if you're moving your business, you'd keep it in the EU?

They say that due to China already having a trade agreement, that the template for this is in place, surely you'd want to keep manufacturing in the EU, all the other protections pertain to import / export?

Eventually, all manufacturing business, will be operating in countries where labour and parts are much cheaper, this is a huge opportunity for Bae, to deflect the blame on to Brexit for leaving the UK IMO.

BAE? You mean Airbus right? BAE systems do too much work for the US military to move to China

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    BAE? You mean Airbus right? BAE systems do too much work for the US military to move to China
    BAe Systems sold their interest in Airbus in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Sorry yes, obviously listening with one eye.

I saw this and what a crock of **** it is.
    Another scare story, trying to bully folks.

"If we get no deal, we MAY have to relocate to China or the USA"
    So exactly how is this any different to the UK not being in the EU?

I call bull**** and folks are really retarded for listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Thanks for those wise words, Tricky. Makes me feel a whole lot better knowing that the words of The Times are nothing less than a crock of sh*t.

Airbus, which generates £1.7 billion in tax revenues, is preparing to abandon plans to build aircraft wings at its British plants and move production to China, the US or elsewhere in Europe. It is making a series of investment decisions this summer because of worries that EU safety certifications will not apply from March next year and uncertainty over customs checks.

“In the absence of any clarity, we have to assume the worst-case scenario,” Tom Williams, the chief operating officer of Airbus, told The Times. “It is the dawning realisation that we now have to get on with…

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Exactly .......... There can't be many despairing last throws of the dice left for the die hard Remainers.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Airbus, which generates £1.7 billion in tax revenues, is preparing to abandon plans to build aircraft wings at its British plants and move production to China, the US or elsewhere in Europe.
    Wait a minute, that's different to what Airborn Pie posted. I just don't know who to trust these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Wait a minute, that's different to what Airborn Pie posted. I just don't know who to trust these days.
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,
    Pity you couldn't do it on the VAR again thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast