Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: OT-BAe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    996

    Smile OT-BAe

    Threatening to go to China, so what about the big EU brotherhood?

    This is simply about money and my guess is that they would have done it anyway (if they do) and are just blaming Brexit to take the heat of them? If Brexit is genuinely to blame, surely at least, if you're moving your business, you'd keep it in the EU?

    They say that due to China already having a trade agreement, that the template for this is in place, surely you'd want to keep manufacturing in the EU, all the other protections pertain to import / export?

    Eventually, all manufacturing business, will be operating in countries where labour and parts are much cheaper, this is a huge opportunity for Bae, to deflect the blame on to Brexit for leaving the UK IMO.

  2. #2
    BAE? You mean Airbus right? BAE systems do too much work for the US military to move to China

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    BAE? You mean Airbus right? BAE systems do too much work for the US military to move to China
    BAe Systems sold their interest in Airbus in 2006.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    BAE? You mean Airbus right? BAE systems do too much work for the US military to move to China
    Sorry yes, obviously listening with one eye.

  5. #5
    I saw this and what a crock of **** it is.
    Another scare story, trying to bully folks.

    "If we get no deal, we MAY have to relocate to China or the USA"
    So exactly how is this any different to the UK not being in the EU?

    I call bull**** and folks are really retarded for listening to it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I saw this and what a crock of **** it is.
    Another scare story, trying to bully folks.

    "If we get no deal, we MAY have to relocate to China or the USA"
    So exactly how is this any different to the UK not being in the EU?

    I call bull**** and folks are really retarded for listening to it.
    Thanks for those wise words, Tricky. Makes me feel a whole lot better knowing that the words of The Times are nothing less than a crock of sh*t.

    Airbus, which generates 1.7 billion in tax revenues, is preparing to abandon plans to build aircraft wings at its British plants and move production to China, the US or elsewhere in Europe. It is making a series of investment decisions this summer because of worries that EU safety certifications will not apply from March next year and uncertainty over customs checks.

    “In the absence of any clarity, we have to assume the worst-case scenario,” Tom Williams, the chief operating officer of Airbus, told The Times. “It is the dawning realisation that we now have to get on with…

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I saw this and what a crock of **** it is.
    Another scare story, trying to bully folks.

    "If we get no deal, we MAY have to relocate to China or the USA"
    So exactly how is this any different to the UK not being in the EU?

    I call bull**** and folks are really retarded for listening to it.

    Exactly .......... There can't be many despairing last throws of the dice left for the die hard Remainers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Airbus, which generates 1.7 billion in tax revenues, is preparing to abandon plans to build aircraft wings at its British plants and move production to China, the US or elsewhere in Europe.
    Wait a minute, that's different to what Airborn Pie posted. I just don't know who to trust these days.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Wait a minute, that's different to what Airborn Pie posted. I just don't know who to trust these days.
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,
    Pity you couldn't do it on the VAR again thread.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Go back to the beginning and trace the fred down, Jeekay. I know you can do it,
    I could do that, but I don't think the thread merits that much attention to detail.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Pity you couldn't do it on the VAR again thread.
    Sid has gotten remarkably more senile in the last few years.....some of his posts are pure nonsense, and the rest are gibberish.

    I blame a combination of old-age, Guardian propaganda......and spending his days debating in his own echo-chamber.

    My theory, is that as an ex-Notts supporter, he still uses MAD to test the waters of genuine public opinion....then he spends sleepless nights pondering on where and when he became so hopelessly marginalised.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Exactly .......... There can't be many despairing last throws of the dice left for the die hard Remainers.
    Meanwhile the brexiteers continue acting like ostriches!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Meanwhile the brexiteers continue acting like ostriches!
    Irony alert!!!!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sid has gotten remarkably more senile in the last few years.....some of his posts are pure nonsense, and the rest are gibberish.

    I blame a combination of old-age, Guardian propaganda......and spending his days debating in his own echo-chamber.

    My theory, is that as an ex-Notts supporter, he still uses MAD to test the waters of genuine public opinion....then he spends sleepless nights pondering on where and when he became so hopelessly marginalised.
    Perhaps we should stick him in the NCM retirement home . If he doesn't make it , a ho .

  16. #16
    I still see no reason to change my prediction made the day after the vote - the least wealthy 65% of the UK population will suffer a 5% drop in their standard of living as a result of Brexit.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I still see no reason to change my prediction made the day after the vote - the least wealthy 65% of the UK population will suffer a 5% drop in their standard of living as a result of Brexit.
    ....ahhhh, but how can we be certain that the predicted 5% drop in living standards are down to Brexit?....from what I can see, "relative wealth" of the lower and middle classes has been dropping for decades...whilst the super-rich get exponentially richer.

    I see no reason why the poorer half of the population can hope for anything better, inside or outside of the EU....what's the difference?....the rich will always have ways to get richer, whilst the poor rely on Governments to fight their battles for them.

    I know where my money is safer, with an accountant that I pay 2k in fees or a local councillor or MP that is too busy climbing the political ladder to bother about Joe Shmoe (unless you are Black, Asian, Immigrant, Transgender, female-metoo, LGBT and with mental health issues)

    No old chap, the only way to a modicum of success is applying a liberal dose of "me first" when on the deck of the Titanic...once your arse is securely nailed to a first-class seat on the lifeboat, preferably next to the gin cupboard, then it's time to figure out which of the women and kids you want sat next to you....that's my motto.....inside or outside of Brexit, the rules don't change

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I still see no reason to change my prediction made the day after the vote - the least wealthy 65% of the UK population will suffer a 5% drop in their standard of living as a result of Brexit.
    So the 'least wealthy of the UK' have had it good whilst tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans have had unfettered access to the labour market?
    Maybe you think that their shares will lose value.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    So the 'least wealthy of the UK' have had it good whilst tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans have had unfettered access to the labour market?
    Maybe you think that their shares will lose value.
    I didn't say they've "had it good" - you made that bit up. I predicted that they will see their standard of living drop by around 5% as a result of Brexit mainly due to higher prices. I believe those tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans work harder for less money than the average Brit. As an example, let's see what happens to fruit and veg prices when they have to be picked by a mainly British workforce.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't say they've "had it good" - you made that bit up. I predicted that they will see their standard of living drop by around 5% as a result of Brexit mainly due to higher prices. I believe those tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans work harder for less money than the average Brit. As an example, let's see what happens to fruit and veg prices when they have to be picked by a mainly British workforce.
    If you believe what we're told, much fruit will lay and rot due to Brits no wanting the job. I agree that they may not want the job, mainly because the greedy landowners, want max profit by paying terrible wages for what is very hard work.

    I don't mind 10p on a Kilo of any fruit if it's giving someone a living wage but I despise the attitude of the growers who paint the indigenous workforce as work shy because they won't take hard jobs for what are exploitative wages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •