+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Rules. Officially

Heavy Metal Rules. Officially

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new...e-music-genre/

The UKs favourite genre of music is Heavy Metal after a poll concluded that 20%of Britons think Heavy Metal is the f@cking best. More than any other type

That's because heavy metal fans tend to be musically insular. They also enjoy seeing Nikki Sixx in tight leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's because heavy metal fans tend to be musically insular. They also enjoy seeing Nikki Sixx in tight leather.
    Firstly, no one looks good in leather, let alone Nikki Sixx... plus Motley Crue are gash.

Secondly, its a bit narrow minded to think that heavy metal fans are insular. Im a heavy metal fan but also enjoy various other genres of music. It depends what you expect from the music you listen to. Heavy Metal for me gets the blood pumping and is a release, in the same way football is to me. Just Google AC/DC's Thunderstruck live at Riverplate. It doesn't even matter if you dont like the band or the song, the f*cking mentality of the crowd is why i love heavy metal. Its one of the best crowds i have ever seen and seeing mental b@stards jumping around and loving the music is what its all about for me.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  5.9 KB

I prefer Doro

Only "heavy" Metal band I've been into were Napalm Death , it's usually Punk for me!!, dabbled in a bit of metal before.
    When I was a ****ager my mates were into Korn, Slipknot, RATM (maybe not heavy metal), CKY etc.
    There was a fair bit of $hi*T EMO bands too , starting to come through at the start of the century

If you've ever seen Detroit Rock City, and then say you can't see the appeal of Rock music, then there's no hope for you. Not a fan of Kiss , but that movie is the dogs b()ll()cks

I love heavy metal and rock music in general.
    1st got in to it during the nu metal scene and as bad as a few of them bands were i still enjoy their songs when they come on

Detroit Rock City is a great film i used to watch that a lot when i had a vhs player, not seen it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Secondly, its a bit narrow minded to think that heavy metal fans are insular.
    No it's not. I was married to one and her and all her pals were snobs about music. So were all the moshers I went about with when I was younger. I'm at a gig every week almost and you tend to see the same faces, bump into the same people. The heavy metal fans only go see heavy metal bands though.

No it's not. I was married to one and her and all her pals were snobs about music. So were all the moshers I went about with when I was younger. I'm at a gig every week almost and you tend to see the same faces, bump into the same people. The heavy metal fans only go see heavy metal bands though.

My list of gigs to come this year

The Wildhearts
    D.R.I
    Sons Of Apollo
    Operation Mindcrime
    The Exploited
    Michael Schenker
    Slayer
    Less Than Jake

Quite varied and don't all fall under the heavy metal/mosher music. Granted a couple do but to say heavy metal fans only watch heavy metal bands is ide of the mark min

You're tarring all metal fans with same brush based on your experiences. I'm a huge metal fan, yet attended the US country to country festival in Glasgow this year. I have also seen many non-metal bands over the years and can appreciate music from most genres. Same as my pals, they are all mostly metal fans yet some like dance/trance and others like 60/70's rock.

I would agree there is an element who think metal is the greatest and everything else is ****e, but those people exist in every genre. People have a premeditated vision of someone purely based on their music tastes.... and i love a lot of different music and look about as non-metal as you can get, so its not the case for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My list of gigs to come this year

The Wildhearts
    D.R.I
    Sons Of Apollo
    Operation Mindcrime
    The Exploited
    Michael Schenker
    Slayer
    Less Than Jake

Quite varied and don't all fall under the heavy metal/mosher music. Granted a couple do but to say heavy metal fans only watch heavy metal bands is ide of the mark min
    Yeah, that's quite a varied mix. I stand corrected

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast