+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signings imminent

Said about potter after I saw him at scunny. He could be finished.. looks like warne is covering his bases

no a realist.. i would of thought Norwich wouldn't want him in a relegation battle.
    and if he is been chased by Swansea crystal palace why would be come to rotherham.
    also it sounds like he is going to feature in Norwich first team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    no a realist.. i would of thought Norwich wouldn't want him in a relegation battle.
    and if he is been chased by Swansea crystal palace why would be come to rotherham.
    also it sounds like he is going to feature in Norwich first team this season.
    Couple of points

First you don’t know we will have a relegation battle most people last year thought we wouldn’t be in top half of table never mind promotion. Writing us off before a balls been kicked isn’t being realistic it’s being pessimistic.
    Second Swansea and Crystal Palace May only be interested in buying not loaning him or it could be transfer BS to crank price up.

No disrespect mate but it sounds like you only believe the worse and dismiss anything that could be seen as positive.

Yes I’m optimistic that’s because I see no reason to condemn the club before any signings or games been played and I really don’t get all the doom and gloom at this point

Mind blown

there no doom and gloom.
    the people saying we would finish no higher than mid table are they the same people who thought we should of got relegated with Stubbs or redfearn???

me I said from the word go and put money were my mouth is we would get promotion or top 6 at least (i just never thought it would be with Paul Warne)

Tony Stewart is to big For league one but to small for the championship. I have said that all along aswell.

if there is one other championship club after a player than 9 times out of 10 rotherham will instantly lose out.(that's not doom or gloom that's knowing our place) and this kid is highly rated sbd sought afyer going by press reports.

if you think this season isn't anything but a survival battle than you are very mislead.

I think it depends who we get in and how well prepared we are. I think if we get 5-6 talents like vaulks and a few Izzy browns we will make clubs crap themselves. However if we sign 5 dexter blackstocks and loan a few kelle Roos we are screwed

[QUOTE=Silly-miller;38926186]I think it depends who we get in and how well prepared we are. I think if we get 5-6 talents like vaulks and a few Izzy browns we will make clubs crap themselves.

think we need more than 5-6 midfielders

The thing about the interest from Palace and West Brom is they probably see him as a player for the future and if they sign him they will likely loan him out straight away anyway. They are just interested in him now before the price jumps up after he plays in the Championship wether that be with us or with Norwich.

Norwich are not daft, they know that there is a player in there and selling him now for a couple of million might look silly in a few years if he becomes a regular Premier League player. He's only 20 years old so there is still time for them to keep hold of him and loan him out at the same level that they are in if they can't guarantee him playing time.

Norwich would probably look at Swansea/West Brom as promotion rivals. They won't see us as rivals and might be more willing to loan us a player who will get championship experience which would be a good choice in my opinion.

Also he's likely to play every game for us which would be a big attraction to both Norwich and the player.
    I think he'll come to us.

would they want him involved in a relegation fight and potentially play in a team that will lose a lot more than they win.

I can't see it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast