+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Signings imminent

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So according to your odds were more likely to win the title than be relegated.
    Interesting but totally wrong ☹
    no mellow I was replying to silly miller.

Within our budget, reasonably young, a great human being.......doesn't give a huge choice does it?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We might well do so. We are only just starting to make our 5-6 signings.
    We've no chance of signing this type of player so it's a bit odd to start complaining at the quality of a signing like this.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm That does make sense but in a nonsensical way if you get my drift.

Personally I have never liked the idea of loans making up the core of the team.

I'd agree with your initial view Big Lad but that's in an ideal world and we all know we're up against it this season.
    We need all the help we can get and if that means some quality loans as well as perm signings then that is what it will have to be. Beggars can't be choosers

That's what happened last season; I doubt we would have got promoted without Rodak, Towell and Emmanuel

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'd agree with your initial view Big Lad but that's in an ideal world and we all know we're up against it this season.
    We need all the help we can get and if that means some quality loans as well as perm signings then that is what it will have to be. Beggars can't be choosers

That's what happened last season; I doubt we would have got promoted without Rodak, Towell and Emmanuel
    Yes I agree with you but we have not learned anything from the last time we were in the Championship!

This season above all other seasons we need to be building a team to keep us in the Championship. By all means lets use the loan system but NOT for the spine of the team. I really don't know any other way of saying it is a BIG mistake to continue relying on the loan market to fill the most important positions in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    but we have not learned anything from the last time we were in the Championship!
    ? How can you say that when we have not even signed a player yet?
    Cheerup fella. Life is not always doom

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    ? How can you say that when we have not even signed a player yet?
    Cheerup fella. Life is not always doom
    It was in reply to another post about signing loan players it was not a general statement.

Warne and Co did ok last season with signings and loans and unlike previous seasons they managed to do it mainly on the quiet.

Let’s wait and see who they come up with this time.

Let’s give them full support in what’s going to be a very tough season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234