+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Clash ticket info with Aberdeen...

Sinkov

From LET the facts

BURNLEY and Aberdeen are working hard to secure a deal with a broadcaster to show the Clarets' Europa League clashes with the Scottish club.

Club officials have been in talks with several broadcasters, including BT Sport, ITV and Premier Sports about showing the game, while Aberdeen have also held discussions with similar broadcasters.

Both clubs own the rights to their home legs, at Pittodrie on Thursday, July 26 and Turf Moor on Thursday, August 2, with BT Sport's Europa League deal not kicking in until the group stage begins.

Cheers OC, it's all falling into place, and with so much interest being shown it's clear both games will be on TV.

Aye and because Burnley have failed to demonstrate a fair policy for procuring tickets for our away leg games, they can shove the home legs right up their arse as well!

It's the TV for me and fcuk 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell supersub, that's cheap, hardly worth bothering to collect the money, they might as well let you on for nowt. I always find it hard to assess the standard of non league in the NE, seems to be a bit of an anomaly. Your league is one level below Clitheroe's, but I wouldn't be surprised if the standard is just as good, if not better. It opened my eyes a couple of years ago, we played a NE team in one of the cups, it might have been Consett, they were either same level as Clitheroe, level 8, or one below, can't remember, but they were much better, won without breaking sweat. They were well up to Evostik Prem standard which is level 7 in this area, or Step 3 I think they call it now.
    Consett are in the Northern League Division One as are Ashington and are in level 9 of the pyramid system. To be honest the top two clubs who have just gone into the NPL were head and shoulders above the rest during last season although it remains to be seen how they fare at the higher standard. The standard of non-league up here does vary, as it does all over the country, the biggest problem being that some clubs can seem to afford silly money and there are always players on the lookout for as much as they can get. Loyalty is a thing of the past with the majority!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Aye and because Burnley have failed to demonstrate a fair policy for procuring tickets for our away leg games, they can shove the home legs right up their arse as well!

It's the TV for me and fcuk 'em!
    From what I am seeing our qualification for European competition has angered a lot of faithful supporters.On a personal basis I booked the trip aware of the risk,but it was an opportunity to go somewhere different for 3 days with my wife.The likelihood is that we will not always be in the Premier League and the Club will need all its supporters when that happens.I hope that the Club realise what is happening and take appropriate steps to deal with the matter.Looks as though it will be on TV so I shall seek out a pub where some of our supporters are gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    From what I am seeing our qualification for European competition has angered a lot of faithful supporters.On a personal basis I booked the trip aware of the risk,but it was an opportunity to go somewhere different for 3 days with my wife.The likelihood is that we will not always be in the Premier League and the Club will need all its supporters when that happens.I hope that the Club realise what is happening and take appropriate steps to deal with the matter.Looks as though it will be on TV so I shall seek out a pub where some of our supporters are gathering.
    Barrie burn. There are plenty pubs that will be showing the game. Quite a few just off the main drag in Union Street like Mcnastys, Ma Cameron’s, Wilsons, The Hawthorn Lounge, Abercrombie to name a few. That’s if you don’t get a ticket for the game of course. Hope you and the rest of your supporters enjoy Aberdeen and of course get beat.....

Fittie
    Used to enjoy watching the boats ferries trawlers and rigs leave Footdee - last time I was there two years ago it had been done up with lots of buildings listed.

You don’t have far to go to the ground though. Which pub would be best for away fans to meet and watch?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cheers OC, it's all falling into place, and with so much interest being shown it's clear both games will be on TV.
    From LET
    Burnley are currently negotiating with television companies regards the screening of the home leg and head of football operations Matt Williams told the Lancashire Telegraph yesterday: “We’re working hard to do a deal, as are Aberdeen, but there’s been lots of rumours and speculation about this TV channel and that TV channel are going to take it, and we can show it here or there.

“We’ve spoken to broadcasters about covering the game but you’ve got to be mindful of their commitments. ITV have spent a lot of money on the World Cup and there is a lot of interest in Rangers’ early rounds on the Europa League following the appointment of Steven Gerrard. But we believe there will be a lot of interest in the fixture given it is our first foray into Europe for over fifty years.”

He added: “Let’s get the contract signed first, and then we’ll look if we can show the game here at Turf Moor, how we show it, be that within the stadium, hospitality lounges or in the fanzone. If we can guarantee the weather now, I think we’d have it in the fanzone.”

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Fittie
    Used to enjoy watching the boats ferries trawlers and rigs leave Footdee - last time I was there two years ago it had been done up with lots of buildings listed.

You don’t have far to go to the ground though. Which pub would be best for away fans to meet and watch?
    Yes I live in Footdee (Fittie) and most of pubs I mentioned above will accommodate you, but not all in one pub!! Most are on Union Street or just off. Google maps will get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Supporters Club Association cartel led by Scholes and his ilk have stitched this one right up. 8000 points? Where The Fcuk did that one come from? Your starter for ten and no conferring...
    Do not know where you think you get your information from,but all ticket arrangement's decided by the club.

A lot of the stuff you have written on here regarding this, can be seen as libel.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)