+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Clash ticket info with Aberdeen...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Scholes clique are all involved in "Official" Supporters groups and meet regularly with CEO Dave Baldwin. They set the agenda so that "ordinary" season ticket holders have no chance of attending the prestige away games.
    The clique then becomes self perpetuating, they continually get the additional loyalty points and just keep on setting the bar higher to stop those not in the clique getting to away games.
    It should simply be first up, best dressed for all season ticket holders, but that does not guarantee the clique tickets. This system is unfair and it is a rubbish way to treat paying customers who spend good money on season tickets.
    Wow you really do talk a load of rubbish don't you.

I really think you should get your facts right before spouting a load of crap

Seems you have hit a nerve BT

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Seems you have hit a nerve BT

Not at all, only in the fact that he is totally wrong.

I believe Dave Baldwin set up a group to talk about tickets, and the editor of this site was on it..
    Maybe that group set the points level, for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by burnleybabe View Post

I believe Dave Baldwin set up a group to talk about tickets, and the editor of this site was on it..
    Well unfortunately you believe wrong, and your fact above is totally wide of the mark, maybe you should read the whole thread again ? failing that I'll leave it to BT to put you straight when he reads your posts

Do not know where you think you get your information from,but all ticket arrangement's decided by the club.

A lot of the stuff you have written on here regarding this, can be seen as libel.
    Don't just come on here whinging about it, put your money where your mouth is, contact your solicitor, sue him. Put up or shut up.

Indeed the editor of this site is part of the Burnley EPL fans forum and has personally attended a few of those meetings. On every occasion the big hitters with tons of loyalty points have insisted the supporters with the most points get the away ticket bonanza.

All members of that forum are made to sign a NDA, so it is not cricket or even legal to breach that agreement. Hence you cannot have the absolute ins and outs of just what influence some fans have.

This is a board of opinions, my own opinion is that Scholes and his cronies have set the bar at 8000 points. Whenever has it been above 5000 points? That is an 8000 points opinion and I stick to that assertion.

I would bet my mortgage that Scholes and his cronies have got match tickets? Feel free to sue me about an opinion if I'm wrong.

In my opinion "First up, best dressed" allocation must be the fairest way to allocate away match tickets, not some self propagating method of retaining uber fan status.

Aberdeen cannot sell away fans tickets in their hospitality suites because of EUFA regulations, Clarets Foundation members have lost their away ticket priority, overseas fans fancying a flight into Prestwick and watching our European adventure have no chance whatsoever. So much for all fans having the opportunity of enjoying the Clarets European foray.

I have advocated on here in the past that each and every season ticket holder gets an equal chance to attend away games, but the loyalty points system defeats that objective.

BFC have breached their own Clarets Foundation promise that their members get priority shout on away games. ALL away tickets must be bought from the BFC ticket office and the Foundation who have broken their pledge will not be having any more of my hard earned lucre.

I have written to the club about the absurdity of 8000 points needed to purchase an away ticket and I am still awaiting a reply.

I have been in touch with the Foundation and was told the away ticket priority policy for members was abandoned and conveniently shelved for the Aberdeen game.

I was down at the Emirates when we got trounced and Clarets fans in the pubs were ecstatic about the opportunity to share the European adventure. Sadly that is only available to the chosen few.

I was informed that if we progress in the competition we may get drawn away in some far flung corner of Europe and perhaps the bar might be set at 5000 points again because of a likely lack of demand.

It's a tremendous shame and in my opinion a blight on my club that they have forgotten the 100's who consistently followed them on wet and windy midweek nights in the old fourth division to places like Hartlepool and Southend, when it was highly likely we would get 4 or 5 knocked past us.

Final thought: I've just got my first ever Postcode Lottery ticket and guess what, I'm in the draw.

Never mind your lottery ticket BT, have you got your solicitor's letter yet ? You would be well advised to employ a top barrister to represent you, but they don't come cheap. If the expenses won't run to a top man, I would be perfectly willing to plead your case for free. Can't say fairer than that can I ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Never mind your lottery ticket BT, have you got your solicitor's letter yet ? You would be well advised to employ a top barrister to represent you, but they don't come cheap. If the expenses won't run to a top man, I would be perfectly willing to plead your case for free. Can't say fairer than that can I ?
    This narrative is not likely to have me reaching for the cheque book sinkov...

Do not know where you think you get your information from, but all ticket arrangement's decided by the club.

A lot of the stuff you have written on here regarding this, can be seen as libel.

Thanks for the offer of a day in court, alternatively I might attach myself to your wagon for a day at the races instead?

Incidentally, I am more than prepared to apologise profusely and publicly if Scholes and his cronies do not get tickets for the Aberdeen game. Can I say fairer than that?

Do not know where you think you get your information from,but all ticket arrangement's decided by the club.

We have opinions on here, we are free to express them and I know exactly where I think I get my information from.

Not at all, only in the fact that he is totally wrong.

Maybe that group set the points level, for this game.
    I'm sure you said somewhere that only the club decided on the 8000 points?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)