+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Female commentators

Female commentators

What do we all think of the female tv commentary at the WC. Call me a dinosaur but I'm not liking it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    What do we all think of the female tv commentary at the WC. Call me a dinosaur but I'm not liking it at all.
    evening mate,
    not for me, more show than know imo!
    stay safe now
    john.

Isn't it part of an equality thing? I like the idea, but I can see why it's not always pleasant to listen to

Uh oh....

As you're asking, I have to admit I'm not a great fan. That Jacqui Oatley screeching must be the equivalent of what dogs hear when a dog whistle is blown.

Not a fan and im a lady, The tone of her voice never seemed to change even when there was goals or chances, Just the pc BBC trying to be right on

I'm not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    agree in general. However i didnt mind Eluko commentary.

Also there was another one on ESPN an ex player she wasnt bad either. However the ones that have no previous playing experiences generally have no idea and should just stfu tbh lol

#metoo

they are all just so boring and monotone

just the bbc putting in their liberal quoter

wont be long before we get gutja Macsingh doing footy specials

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)