+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - The immigrant photo that rocked the US was a partial fake

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I got back home today and just this minute heard on the BBC news that around 2,000 children have been separated from their parents. I don't know if that's Donald's legendary 'fake news' or not, but to me it seems a barbaric way to treat little kids. I wonder what our resident 'fake Christians' think?
    Shouldn't worry about it Elite. Just another example of Trump having to clean up Obama's 'legacy'.

Just love the way some of you on here jump to the conclusion that if someone hates what Trump is doing in America the corollary is that person must have been an Obama supporter.
    The same logic pervades Soccerman's thinking whereby if one disapproves of May, that must line you up behind Corbyn.
    Obama was a huge disappointment as President in my book and Corbyn lacks the charisma and intellect to make him an effective PM.
    The photo used may not have been authentic in that it was an actual image of a border separation but that doesn't mean that the Trump isn't callously enforcing a law that Obama should have revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Just love the way some of you on here jump to the conclusion that if someone hates what Trump is doing in America the corollary is that person must have been an Obama supporter.
    The same logic pervades Soccerman's thinking whereby if one disapproves of May, that must line you up behind Corbyn.

Obama was a huge disappointment as President in my book and Corbyn lacks the charisma and intellect to make him an effective PM.
    The photo used may not have been authentic in that it was an actual image of a border separation but that doesn't mean that the Trump isn't callously enforcing a law that Obama should have revoked.

Not true for many, including me.

I hate what the Tories stand for but have gone on the record as saying that as a lifelong Labour voter, I cannot vote for them under Corbyn and a straight choice between the two would see me for the first time, not using my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Shouldn't worry about it Elite. Just another example of Trump having to clean up Obama's 'legacy'.
    If the reports of 2,000 children being separated from their parents are true, regardless of which president should have done what, do your Christian values make you think that is right or wrong?

If the reports of 2,000 children being separated from their parents are true, regardless of which president should have done what, do your Christian values make you think that is right or wrong?
    Very easy to ask the questions, much harder to come up with solutions.

What are the options:

A. Those with kids are released with reporting conditions, meaning they will almost certainly disappear and encourage others to do the same.

B. Jail the kids with their parents.

It's a no win

All criminals who break the law are separated from their children when they are incarcerated. Those who follow the legal process for immigration are not separated from their children. The onus and responsibility belongs to the parents to act within the laws. POTUS has dealt with this, something that previous regimes for over twenty years had not. Now it will be more difficult for the huge child smuggling operation which had boomed under Obama and much more effective in dealing with the illegal immigrant problem as the 'family' will all be in one place and easier to process.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

Wrong assumption there Sid, if you disapprove of May, when you consider all the alternatives you have to be a bit simple, that’s all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12