+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Real Reason For The Myanmar Trip

The Real Reason For The Myanmar Trip

Nothing to do with promoting LUFC and all to do with promoting Radrizzani's Eleven Sports company:http://elevensports.com/eleven-sport...ce-in-myanmar/

But if his business is doing well, will that not filter through to Leeds United?

Politics & Sport times again ...............

Mmm, suppose if folks feel strongly about the matter then they won't go to watch the team & wont put money into the club until Rad leaves.
    On the other hand the British elected Goverment,FIFA or indeed the FA didn't stop the tour did they despite various internet pressure groups action upon them.

So that leaves personal choice on the matter -
    As for negatives & positives over the tour or more to the point 'conflict of interest' issues - as Billy says money will filter through and the plight of the 'troubles' in that region got highlighted on a global scale which was important too,IMO.

Difficult call but what's happened has happened but I note British companies are still trading in the region regardless.
    As personally stated I would not have gone but respect those (owner,players & fans) that decided to go - end of.
    My family left our home country over principles so fair play to anyone who leaves our club likewise over the matter.

MOT

I prefer owners such as GFH, abramovich and oil sheiks that operate their businesses with the highest level of integrity

For balance Rads stating ..........

What is good for Radrizanni business is essentially good for us. It also bumps our profile up in another country and gives us more clout in global recognition which attracts more business to us, gets us more money, which gets us better players.

I know people love to moan but at least look at the bigger picture. I saw some people moan less when we didn't even know who owned the club and Ken Bates was fleecing the club for all its money.

Trouble is the moan brigade are virtue signalling Joel - they don't give a shi t really ... just like to "be seen " to be right on politically correct IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Trouble is the moan brigade are virtue signalling Joel - they don't give a shi t really ... just like to "be seen " to be right on politically correct IMO
    Never been accused of being politically correct, just have a view of what is right and wrong that comes from a fairly conventional Yorkshire working-class upbringing (you know, killing people generally is wrong, and when it applies to kids etc thats especially so, driving people out of their homes on the basis of their ethnicity (and that you don't like it) isn't a very nice thing to do, that kind of stuff). I'd prefer the club I support not to have anything to do with stuff like that, no matter how peripheral that involvement might be.

Maybe you have a different sense of right and wrong.

No people were harmed in the making of this TV rights deal 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    No people were harmed in the making of this TV rights deal 😂
    You're so funny.

Thing is, any deal in Myanmar has to be sanctioned by the government, so in however tangential a way, the rights deal bolsters a regime that is killing it's own people by the truckload.

Not really funny at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)