+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Auto-music on this site (sort of off and on topic)

Auto-music on this site (sort of off and on topic)

I've just tried accessing this site on a new computer and music started playing automatically. Firefox with Ublock but it still came up and when I went through my open tabs I saw the little speaker on this site.

What's the idea? What purpose does it serve? How do I turn it off permanently? Didn't notice anything in my settings.

I recall Tarqs mentioning something but he's always going to have noises in his head so I didn't pay that much attention - sorry Tarqs - I should have listened, to you that is, not the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've just tried accessing this site on a new computer and music started playing automatically. Firefox with Ublock but it still came up and when I went through my open tabs I saw the little speaker on this site.

What's the idea? What purpose does it serve? How do I turn it off permanently? Didn't notice anything in my settings.

I recall Tarqs mentioning something but he's always going to have noises in his head so I didn't pay that much attention - sorry Tarqs - I should have listened, to you that is, not the music.
    I posted the same topic a week or so ago,

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38222608

I am getting foreign language interviews etc rather than music, the only way I've found to deal with it is simply to mute it by clicking on the speaker sign.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 23-06-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Default on Chrome is to not auto-play anything unless you click on it, I think they call it the auto-play policy setting. Firefox ought to have a similar setting. Failing that I'd just turn java-script off and then white list it for sites that really do need it or use the host file method which blocks ad-addresses without the need to install ad-blocking software.

I switched to Chrome and AB P from FireFox a while back for most things when I surrrendered to the Google/Android ecosystem in full. I don't seem to find any issues nowadays except those really bloody annoying videos on sites like the Nottingham Post that insist on displaying Leigh Curtis' sartorial gaffes in motion without asking me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Not only am I hearing noises in my head all the time when accessing MAD, now that Elite has "returned" from his walk-on-the-wild-side in Mexico...I am back to seeing animals with huge ears!!

First it was a Giant Rabbit, now it's a family of 4 Desert Foxes (Zorros Desiertico) that have set up home underneath the kitchen by the pool....I'm serious....3 dead chickens was the first clue, then in broad daylight the whole pack wandered through the 15 goats and sheep straight towards me...surreal moment as I watched open-mouthed thinking "here I go again, hallucinations at noon, brought on by badia mustard powder and alcohol?"

I've blocked off the entrance hole with wire mesh, but I feel kinda guilty and remove it every evening to let them out....they then proceed to mock me by making noise all night chasing small animals around the patio area....grrrrr....I think I'm going soft in my dotage.

I didn't have my camera to hand, but found this on Youtube whilst trying to find out the correct type of animal....the commentator has the most annoying, irritating voice EVER....be warned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SPNi9ey_Qk

Sorted with Firefox settings as suggested