+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Directors confident of agreeing deal with Hassall this summer.

Directors confident of agreeing deal with Hassall this summer.

Some info on here on how much Hassall wants for his shares. Also looks at directors plans for when he does leave the club.

Hopefully a deal can be reached soon!

https://crewealexandra.wordpress.com...allnomics-4-0/

What a tangled web was woven on reading this
    Thanks TK for this

To be honest I haven't the will to try and fully get my head round all that other than to acknowledge the complexity of the ownership of the club and a wish that it all gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Basically it all means that Hassal and Potts were only interested in lining there own pockets and they have screwed the club over to achieve that. It is sickening to read about the way this man screwed the club out of its assets and got a inflated price for there shares even though they seemingly continue to have control over the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Basically it all means that Hassall and Potts were only interested in lining there own pockets and they have screwed the club over to achieve that. It is sickening to read about the way this man screwed the club out of its assets and got a inflated price for there shares even though they seemingly continue to have control over the club.
    I think if we are feeling generous we could say Hassall wouldn't have done this if his other business ventures hadnt gone so tits up. Not that it excuses it in any way at all.

Not sure what Potts role is in it all really, whether he agreed willingly or was offered any sweeteners to join forces with NH. Fact is that without him, Hassall would never have gained control.

Its taken me months to understand it all properly, and I'm not even sure I do now! I hope something can be sorted in time for the new season.

How is this related to the court case or has that been dropped?

I don't think anybody fully understands the full facts but that's the way Hassall works, he is an very shrewd accountant, you can see that in the way he has put this all together, probably nothing illegal but close to the wire. Potts never had an interest in the club he inherited his shares, doing a deal with Hassall was a means to an end, as such he got money for shares which were not worth very much. Its the sale of Powell which started it all as that put money into the accounts and Hassall and Potts wanted it hence the share price going up to £30 a share and then them both agreeing to sell there shares but decided to move all the assets of the club first, to a company where Hassal and Potts had the majority shares and what agreement existed at the time of transfer, this is probably where the courts come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    I don't think anybody fully understands the full facts but that's the way Hassall works, he is an very shrewd accountant, you can see that in the way he has put this all together, probably nothing illegal but close to the wire. Potts never had an interest in the club he inherited his shares, doing a deal with Hassall was a means to an end, as such he got money for shares which were not worth very much. Its the sale of Powell which started it all as that put money into the accounts and Hassall and Potts wanted it hence the share price going up to £30 a share and then them both agreeing to sell there shares but decided to move all the assets of the club first, to a company where Hassal and Potts had the majority shares and what agreement existed at the time of transfer, this is probably where the courts come in.
    There should be an update from Pete Morse in a few weeks regarding the legal stuff and there is an update on that.

I've seen the document that the club submitted to the business court and they were after money moved from the holding company to one under control of Hassall. Its actually there in the accounts. Wasn't related to any of the restructure or change in share price, simply that he had allegedly been moving money from the club to himself.

Do you mean he moved it elsewhere and not into another 'Alex account'

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Do you mean he moved it elsewhere and not into another 'Alex account'

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.
    You are very welcome! Think its important that fans know what is going on.

It was moved from Commercial Enterprises to Gresty Holdings (Crewe) Ltd which was formerly called Crewe Alexandra Limited. However, its Hassall's company. Above Gresty Holdings (Crewe) Ltd and the ultimate parent is his own, confusingly titled, Gresty Holdings Limited which was formerly Norman Hasasall ltd. Notice there's no (Crewe) in that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast