+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My England Team v Panama

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    That's a decent looking team, I really like that Loftus Cheek, the chap can play and it built like a brick sh@thouse, Kane and Rashford up front will certainly do damage but as said on here I would like to see Vardy given his chance, he would murder their center backs for pace, I wish you guys all the best today and hope you secure your place in the knockouts with an emphatic victory

Assuming Alli is injured and assuming the formation will remain as 3-5-2, I’d go for the following:

Butland
    Walker, Stones, McGuire
    Trippier, Lingard, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, Rose
    Sterling, Kane

Maybe it looks like a strange choice in goal as Pickford has done nothing wrong, but from what I’ve seen on TV last season, Butland appears to be more athletic as a shot stopper.

I’d keep Sterling on account of the amount of work he does dropping deep, but I’d also be planning to bring Rashford on after about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Yo, banana boy!

Call that a long palindrome?

Try this one for size: Are we not pure? “No, sir!” Panama’s moody Noriega brags. “It is garbage!” Irony dooms a man—a prisoner up to new era.
    At least mine makes some sort of sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Phil McNulty of the BBC has said Raheem Sterling is expected to start against Panama.

I hope Sterling proves me wrong, but I think we just handed Panama a bonus.

General concensus: Sterling & Lingard are potential liabilities as much as they potential match winners.

Walker, despite his error in the opening game, is a quality player, decent defender and has the pace to recover when he loses possession. Stones is always a 'mistake in waiting" but he was solid enough and deserves his place. We may regret starting withSterling & Lingard........ Let's hope not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12