Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's not turned out too bad for Eniola Aluko

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    If that's the case, why does IBS get sucked into the debates and cries like a big old Jessie when even slightly taxed: "why can't I say what I think! Waaaahhh!"

Bit the behaviour of a simple wind up merchant is it? Of course that pretence will be kept up, by him and others who agree with his views (you too uh? :-) ) as it keeps the appearance that they aren't just forcing their views down footy fans throats! Let's not pretend eh?

Think there's a thread ongoing about Millers signings. Don't click o/t if not interested in topic etc etc
    I object to you suggesting that I agree with his views.
    What I really don't like is people polluting a FOOTBALL message board with extreme left/right wing views so they can demonstrate their allegiances.
    My comment about "have we signed anyone yet" was tongue in cheek but clearly wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I object to you suggesting that I agree with his views.
    What I really don't like is people polluting a FOOTBALL message board with extreme left/right wing views so they can demonstrate their allegiances.
    My comment about "have we signed anyone yet" was tongue in cheek but clearly wasted.
    I did put a smiley after that, calm down old lad! And as I've said, couldn't agree more about the footy, I got your point, was just cheekily spoofing suggestions that we should ignore OTs etc. Clearly wasted too! Ne'mind eh? :-)

I did put a smiley after that, calm down old lad! And as I've said, couldn't agree more about the footy, I got your point, was just cheekily spoofing suggestions that we should ignore OTs etc. Clearly wasted too! Ne'mind eh? :-)
    Shall we just call it quits.
    Maybe I'm getting grumpy in my old age 😀

Yep me too Mellow, always thought you were a reasonable poster and wouldn't align yourself with right or left for that matter. Yes it is a footy message site. If the likes of IBS stopped posting there would be a lot fewer political threads and we could get on m ore with the footy.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep me too Mellow, always thought you were a reasonable poster and wouldn't align yourself with right or left for that matter. Yes it is a footy message site. If the likes of IBS stopped posting there would be a lot fewer political threads and we could get on m ore with the footy.
    Cheers Roly. By the way, I forgot to tell you that a brown envelope turned up the other day but I seem to have misplaced it.....😉

Flamin' Nora as they say on Corrie! That's my world cruise cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Flamin' Nora as they say on Corrie! That's my world cruise cancelled.
    Thank goodness, at least I can now rest assured that you're not on ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post

Closing my account down....won't miss the abuse and point scoring.
    You can't do that Frank, how will I contact you for that pint that you owe me?

Ignore the point scorers. They think that just 'cos it's a football site you have to be a left or right winger, when in fact you can be a centre half just like me.
    Last edited by sota; 26-06-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Wonít get into the Aluko debate but will pick up the County Borough vs Englands women debate.

Iíd like to see that too.

If you like womens football, fine but donít kid yourselves thereís any comparison to the mens game.

Seen a few reports of U15 teams beating National Womens teams. One in particular report that FC Dallas under 15ís beat the women world champions USA last year.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Won’t get into the Aluko debate but will pick up the County Borough vs Englands women debate.

I’d like to see that too.

If you like womens football, fine but don’t kid yourselves there’s any comparison to the mens game.

Seen a few reports of U15 teams beating National Womens teams. One in particular report that FC Dallas under 15’s beat the women world champions USA last year.
    Thats a very different thing Howdy. National U15s, and even semi pro u15s can have great skills and physique that could well challenge. But women's footy no better than pub footy as Fire suggests?? Come ooooon!

Thats a very different thing Howdy. National U15s, and even semi pro u15s can have great skills and physique that could well challenge. But women's footy no better than pub footy as Fire suggests?? Come ooooon!
    Meanwhile in the world of the brainwashed Twitter sheep former Chelsea defender Jason Cundy is being hounded because he had the temerity to express an opinion that he didn't personally like female football commentators because their voices are too high pitched.

Close to home Sheffield FC ladies are pulling out of the league because the club is going bust. In a city the size of Sheffield they can't attract fans or sponsors. So regardless of the hype the tv media give it there's no real appetite for women's football in the UK.

....of course there is when people like you have a sexist attitude towards women's football. Lets face it sexism is still rife in society you only have to look at women's pay to know this.If the powers that be don't take women's football seriously and promote it properly of course it aint gonna take off...engage brain Grist... thought you were brighter than that...

Bullshine.

Women's football is no better than the Dog and Duck.

Simple as that, no sexism other than in the minds of the brainwashed to think that way.

Raging.

Dallas FC U15ís wouldnít beat a good sunday league side.

Not a chance.

..... and womens football is great. For the participants.

People donít watch it. Same with womens cricket.

If it keeps people fit, fine. Iím all for it but letís not dress it up to be be something it ainít.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Raging.

Dallas FC U15’s wouldn’t beat a good sunday league side.

Not a chance.

Ah, changed to GOOD Sunday league team now? Lol

It’s not sexist to suggest that the physical differences between men and women make it so different and that a well-trained, reasonably fit team of aspiring professional youngling males would most likely beat the best women’s teams. Nor is it sexist to note that that the women’s sport is much less popular. Who is denying that??

What I would dispute, based on my playing days in the Sunday leagues (with an admittedly average team!), is that we (or anyone at our mid league level) would have even been able to run as fast as the nation’s best women’s teams. Probably the best amateur leagues where you get better fitness and athleticism would give it a good go and may well come out on top, but I think you’re under estimating the levels of fitness and ability levels of the best women players. For some reason.

Women may/ may not be as physically strong as men but you can still appreciate women's football. To appreciate any sport it is not always based on who is the strongest or fastest for example. Take tennis for example. Yes the men might have stronger serves etc but i don't think that anyone can deny that watching top female tennis players is any less entertaining than watching top male tennis players.

I think a lot of people would challenge your view.

Theyíd be labelled as sexist if their opinion differs.

Itís the way the worlds gone.

Raging: dispute it as much as you like.

This season Iíve seen around 30 teams at U15 academy level cats 1 and 2.

In a few weeks I believe the Youdan Trophy for around 50 pro teams at U14 and U16 level will be played at the Hallam University grounds on Bawtry road.

Teams from around the globe.

Go and watch the U14ís who will qualify as U15ís a month later and tell me if they would be ready to take on a mans team?

A Sunday league team would have a massive edge in strength and intimidation.

Only one result unless you define Sunday League as division 8 or something daft.

It wouldnít be pretty.

How are you Howdy by the way me owd sparring partner. Are you looking forward to the new season?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast