+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: It's not turned out too bad for Eniola Aluko

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thats a very different thing Howdy. National U15s, and even semi pro u15s can have great skills and physique that could well challenge. But women's footy no better than pub footy as Fire suggests?? Come ooooon!
    Meanwhile in the world of the brainwashed Twitter sheep former Chelsea defender Jason Cundy is being hounded because he had the temerity to express an opinion that he didn't personally like female football commentators because their voices are too high pitched.

Close to home Sheffield FC ladies are pulling out of the league because the club is going bust. In a city the size of Sheffield they can't attract fans or sponsors. So regardless of the hype the tv media give it there's no real appetite for women's football in the UK.

....of course there is when people like you have a ***ist attitude towards women's football. Lets face it ***ism is still rife in society you only have to look at women's pay to know this.If the powers that be don't take women's football seriously and promote it properly of course it aint gonna take off...engage brain Grist... thought you were brighter than that...

Bullshine.

Women's football is no better than the Dog and Duck.

Simple as that, no ***ism other than in the minds of the brainwashed to think that way.

Raging.

Dallas FC U15’s wouldn’t beat a good sunday league side.

Not a chance.

..... and womens football is great. For the participants.

People don’t watch it. Same with womens cricket.

If it keeps people fit, fine. I’m all for it but let’s not dress it up to be be something it ain’t.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Raging.

Dallas FC U15’s wouldn’t beat a good sunday league side.

Not a chance.

Ah, changed to GOOD Sunday league team now? Lol

It’s not ***ist to suggest that the physical differences between men and women make it so different and that a well-trained, reasonably fit team of aspiring professional youngling males would most likely beat the best women’s teams. Nor is it ***ist to note that that the women’s sport is much less popular. Who is denying that??

What I would dispute, based on my playing days in the Sunday leagues (with an admittedly average team!), is that we (or anyone at our mid league level) would have even been able to run as fast as the nation’s best women’s teams. Probably the best amateur leagues where you get better fitness and athleticism would give it a good go and may well come out on top, but I think you’re under estimating the levels of fitness and ability levels of the best women players. For some reason.

Women may/ may not be as physically strong as men but you can still appreciate women's football. To appreciate any sport it is not always based on who is the strongest or fastest for example. Take tennis for example. Yes the men might have stronger serves etc but i don't think that anyone can deny that watching top female tennis players is any less entertaining than watching top male tennis players.

I think a lot of people would challenge your view.

They’d be labelled as ***ist if their opinion differs.

It’s the way the worlds gone.

Raging: dispute it as much as you like.

This season I’ve seen around 30 teams at U15 academy level cats 1 and 2.

In a few weeks I believe the Youdan Trophy for around 50 pro teams at U14 and U16 level will be played at the Hallam University grounds on Bawtry road.

Teams from around the globe.

Go and watch the U14’s who will qualify as U15’s a month later and tell me if they would be ready to take on a mans team?

A Sunday league team would have a massive edge in strength and intimidation.

Only one result unless you define Sunday League as division 8 or something daft.

It wouldn’t be pretty.

How are you Howdy by the way me owd sparring partner. Are you looking forward to the new season?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast