+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Come On Sweden

Germany battered Sweden and 'deserved' it I suppose, but just like Brazil the other day you knew they were going to scrape it in stoppage time. Like we/England did actually, and it shows you've got to attack or defend right till the 96th minute!.
    Belgium looked impressive today but some of these winning teams haven't been tested by anybody really good yet, and the World cup only really starts when it comes to this weeks final group matches.

As the groups stand tonight this would be the draw for the round of the last six**** .

Russia v Portugal

France v Nigeria

Brazil v Germany. Feckin hell !!!

Belgium v Senegal

Spain v Uruguay

Croatia v Denmark

Mexico v Switzerland

Japan v England

Some if's but's and maybe's but the Brazil v Germany encounter looks very likely .

I was expecting either Poland or Colombia from that group before a ball was kicked, but if it does come to that draw then Im sure we won't under-estimate Japan (like we did with Iceland 2 years ago).
    It will be ace to see Brazil or Germany going out early, and Spain v Uruguay, Russia v Portugal, & France v Nigeria all might be interesting ties.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Them games would get my mojo going again

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was expecting either Poland or Colombia from that group before a ball was kicked, but if it does come to that draw then Im sure we won't under-estimate Japan (like we did with Iceland 2 years ago).
    It will be ace to see Brazil or Germany going out early, and Spain v Uruguay, Russia v Portugal, & France v Nigeria all might be interesting ties.
    Looking at the tournament thus far everyone of the major country's have some serious flaws , I personally couldn't back a winner with someone else's money at the moment .

Defensively some of the contenders have serious issues , Brazil have a group of individuals and France are in the same category .

Spain hmm , I don't know to be honest , great with the ball but not that hot without it .

I've noticed the fancied nations don't like running , they want to play their measured pass pass technical game and I'm convinced a team with energy , intensity will undo the favoured nations despite possibly not having their natural talent .

Tell you now the Neymars , Kroos , Silva and co don't like running .

Mexico , Belgium and England have an opportunity in my opinion with the rub of the green that you need .

One team or one player rather who none of us can right off.. is Ronaldo & Portugal, and hes been ace so far.
    Croatia & Modric and Mexico & Hernandez have impressed, and Belgium & Lukaku showed their threat today even though it was against Tunisia.
    Our aim was get through the group at least, and then see what happens. This would be the worst disaster ever if we failed to get through this particular group, and it will be disappointing if we don't beat Panama tomorrow.

One team or one player rather who none of us can right off.. is Ronaldo & Portugal, and hes been ace so far.
    Croatia & Modric and Mexico & Hernandez have impressed, and Belgium & Lukaku showed their threat today even though it was against Tunisia.
    Our aim was get through the group at least, and then see what happens. This would be the worst disaster ever if we failed to get through this particular group, and it will be disappointing if we don't beat Panama tomorrow.
    If Rashford starts tomorrow against Panama and scores it could be a real line in the sand moment for me .

Kane will finish his chances 3 or 4 times out of 5 but we need others to chip in too , I'm looking back to 1990 with Lineker who was well supported by David Platt .

We have a sniff at this , it's no more than that but if certain things fall in to place we could go far in this tournament .

I'm sensing a different England at this world cup and looking at the contenders in all honesty most are beatable in a one off knock out game .

The Germany's , Brazil , Spain and Italy who were all recent winners England wouldn't have got near them but in this world cup it's very different from what I've seen .

I think the reason how/why Gareth Southgate got the job in the first place was a shambles, what with fat Sam getting caught out and basically nobody else wanting the job apart from Gareth. But hes got a likeable and impressive attitude and this squad really has the potential to put their youth and inexperience to good use. And with a bit of that luck which tends to only goto certain teams, who knows eh!.

Panama will try to spoil and kick us off the park and any sort of win for us will be appreciated, Im certainly not expecting a 5 goal haul like Belgium scored today, Id take any sort of win which will wrap up qualification.
    Id drop Sterling & Lingard, and Rashford or maybe Vardy have got to be the choice up front with Kane. It looks like Alli is out as well and maybe thats not a bad thing either. And looking at our first goal against Tunisia, does anybody else think the ball had crossed the line from John Stones' header before the keeper brilliantly clawed it out.

I think the reason how/why Gareth Southgate got the job in the first place was a shambles, what with fat Sam getting caught out and basically nobody else wanting the job apart from Gareth. But hes got a likeable and impressive attitude and this squad really has the potential to put their youth and inexperience to good use. And with a bit of that luck which tends to only goto certain teams, who knows eh!.

Panama will try to spoil and kick us off the park and any sort of win for us will be appreciated, Im certainly not expecting a 5 goal haul like Belgium scored today, Id take any sort of win which will wrap up qualification.
    Id drop Sterling & Lingard, and Rashford or maybe Vardy have got to be the choice up front with Kane. It looks like Alli is out as well and maybe thats not a bad thing either. And looking at our first goal against Tunisia, does anybody else think the ball had crossed the line from John Stones' header before the keeper brilliantly clawed it out.
    If Rashford plays then Lingard does too in my opinion .

These two young Manc's have a real understanding going on dating back from minor Man Utd teams .

Lingard will grow in to this tournament acido , again just my opinion .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 23-06-2018 at 10:58 PM.

1-1 needing a draw... 2 minutes to go...,and the Jerry’s get a free kick.
    I’d have put four on the line with the keeper. Same with Ronaldos winner late the other night.
    Shouldn’t have happened

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast