+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy and Twitter

Personally think AH was fishing for a response, and he got it. That in turn ensured he was thrown into the Twitter limelight for another 15 minutes of ego boosting fame. As mentioned earlier he then followed it up with a sycophantic “you’re the best presenter on telly” comment. Don’t have an issue with this personally as have never met the bloke to form a personal opinion other than he can often come across as desperate and embarrassing in his ongoing crusade for column inches and relentless desire to scale the football industry’s social ladder.

As for Lineker’s swearing, I couldn’t give a f...

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Lineker has got 7.9 million followers, so I would imagine a fair few of those are kids, so yes, his tweets are getting out of order. Here is just one of a few hundred he posted this week, not big, not clever Mr Lineker.

Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
    12h12 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    Who the **** does he play for?

The word starred out rhymes with cook.

Another

Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
    19h19 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    None, but I shat on the pitch at a World Cup once. How many people can say that?
    Do you think there should be some sort of “Twitter Police” which regulates whether the swearing of celebrities and others with lots of young followers is “out of order” or not?

Young children shouldn't be on or have anything to do with Twitter. If Hardy wants to quote Lineker to his kids, he should stick to what he says on the BBC. I am also not sure it is wise to pick a fight with a BBC sports broadcaster who may have influence on what FA Cup games get broadcast next season.

Hardy seems to think he is some sort of local celebrity/saviour of East Midlands sport/groomer of young sporting talent. Again...pipe down Alan, we haven't won ANYTHING yet. I wish he would let his businesses do the talking for him and stop trying to copy Darragh MacAnthony.

I bet Walkers crisps are considering their position.

Walkers :"What should be our next flavour Gary ?"

GL: "Why the f... are you asking me . You can call them s..., for all I care. Have you paid my f…… agent yet "

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I bet Walkers crisps are considering their position.

Walkers :"What should be our next flavour Gary ?"
    Roast **** with a cherry and red wine sauce. Clue? It rhymes with f uck

Linekar, once he's not on the BBC can tweet what the fluck he likes but whilst he's representing them and being paid by the public then he should have abit of class and stop effing and jeffing every tweet. It's not even warranted and his posts would read the same without the swearing. For the days of good old Des, class act.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Do you think there should be some sort of “Twitter Police” which regulates whether the swearing of celebrities and others with lots of young followers is “out of order” or not?
    No, but self regulation should be his responsibility, he must know that a couple of million kids read his every word. He is a "celebrity", admired and looked up to by some, not some hard core street kid.

Gary Lineker has a responsibility (imo) not to use such language. A responsibility to those who have enabled him to rise to the position he has, be that the BBC, Walkers Crisps, or the parents of young children who would like to hold him up as a good role model.

As it's Sunday, here's an interesting quote from the Bible which I believe sums it up pretty well. Not directly related to the subject in hand but fits with many situations.

'Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given' (Luke ch 12 v 48)

Take it or leave it - up to you ..... but I think it makes good sense!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Gary Lineker has a responsibility (imo) not to use such language. A responsibility to those who have enabled him to rise to the position he has, be that the BBC, Walkers Crisps, or the parents of young children who would like to hold him up as a good role model.

As it's Sunday, here's an interesting quote from the Bible which I believe sums it up pretty well. Not directly related to the subject in hand but fits with many situations.

'Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given' (Luke ch 12 v 48)

Take it or leave it - up to you ..... but I think it makes good sense!
    My gripe isn't about what he said...i think Lineker should watch his language. My issue is more about Hardy's need to say it. He seems to think he is some sort of oracle, doing everything he can to thrust himself into the limelight. He was always a wannabe, bit now i genuinely think he thinks he is some big time Charlie with his dinners with Lampard and direct tweets to public figures.

Sadly, our chairman is a bit of a wally. I wish he would just be more discreet so that we can just focus on the work he is doing at Notts, because it is all a bit embarrassing.

Also please don't ruin my day by quoting from that sham of a book!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    My gripe isn't about what he said...i think Lineker should watch his language. My issue is more about Hardy's need to say it. He seems to think he is some sort of oracle, doing everything he can to thrust himself into the limelight. He was always a wannabe, bit now i genuinely think he thinks he is some big time Charlie with his dinners with Lampard and direct tweets to public figures.

Sadly, our chairman is a bit of a wally. I wish he would just be more discreet so that we can just focus on the work he is doing at Notts, because it is all a bit embarrassing.

Also please don't ruin my day by quoting from that sham of a book!
    Mmm ... a new member who just wants to post anti-AH stuff - who are you a reincarnation of?

To be honest, using the kind of words you have, I reckon you're jealous!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast