Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Alan Hardy and Twitter

  1. #1

    Alan Hardy and Twitter

    I don't have a Twitter account myself as social media is the work of the devil, but I do check in on Mr. Hardy occasionally. I see that he is now taking on Gary Lineker and BBC Radio 2. Hardy has done wonders for Notts County, nobody can deny that, but this ego of his is getting out of control. I wish he would just close Twitter down...because when things go wrong (which they will eventually) all of this will be used as a stick to beat him with. I'm not sure he will be able to handle it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I don't have a Twitter account myself as social media is the work of the devil, but I do check in on Mr. Hardy occasionally. I see that he is now taking on Gary Lineker and BBC Radio 2. Hardy has done wonders for Notts County, nobody can deny that, but this ego of his is getting out of control. I wish he would just close Twitter down...because when things go wrong (which they will eventually) all of this will be used as a stick to beat him with. I'm not sure he will be able to handle it.
    He’s a big enough grown man
    Let him deal with it

  3. #3
    I've just had a look and I agree with AH, i noticed the other day on another tweet Linekar was using what rhymes with clucking alot. He's paid from the public purse to be a national broadcaster and I believe that carries a certain responsibility to not be dropping swear words all the time on social media that kids see. The swearing wasn't even necessary, it smacked of someone trying to be hard/cool, rein it in Linekar whilst the world cup is on.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I've just had a look and I agree with AH, i noticed the other day on another tweet Linekar was using what rhymes with clucking alot. He's paid from the public purse to be a national broadcaster and I believe that carries a certain responsibility to not be dropping swear words all the time on social media that kids see. The swearing wasn't even necessary, it smacked of someone trying to be hard/cool, rein it in Linekar whilst the world cup is on.
    I agree that Lineker shouldn't be swearing, (although it's his choice) but he is an ex-footballer, not a member of royalty. This drop in standards is just a sad sign of the times.

    Although when challenged, Hardy always backtracks with some sycophantic nonsense. He makes himself look foolish and cringeworthy, which is bad PR for the club. He is rubbing people up the wrong way with his opinions. It will all end in tears...just like with Fawaz. He has always been egotistical, but just recently he is stepping it up. Pipe down Alan, you haven't won anything yet.

  5. #5
    Sign of the times, social media is here to stay. He wouldn't be the first successful businessman to have an ego and if he wants to say to Linekar your swearing is unwarranted then that's upto him. No one is perfect and yeah some of his posts are abit cringe but he's doing the business for us on the football side so leave him alone. Fawaz was in a different league of idiocy.

    Don't look at twitter, I don't and his tweets don't worry me one bit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Sign of the times, social media is here to stay. He wouldn't be the first successful businessman to have an ego and if he wants to say to Linekar your swearing is unwarranted then that's upto him. No one is perfect and yeah some of his posts are abit cringe but he's doing the business for us on the football side so leave him alone. Fawaz was in a different league of idiocy.

    Don't look at twitter, I don't and his tweets don't worry me one bit.
    Dont use twitter but if all he is going is telling a paid rep of the BBC to stop using unwarranted language on social media whats the drama? I agree with him.

  7. #7
    I note however that his spoof account has been suspended, and I'd guess at AH's (or his team's) request. Maybe he's a snowflake after all - certainly doesn't like it when things don't go his way. "Shown your kids your speeding tickets?" in response to Lineker setting a bad example.

  8. #8
    AH asked Lineker if he could stop swearing on Twitter cos he wanted to read his tweets to his kids(?). Lineker said that he occasionally swore for emphasis and that if people didn’t like it they could unfollow.

    The fact that Lineker works for the BBC is irrelevant so he can Tweet what he likes from his personal account.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,449
    So he wants to read Lineker's tweets to his kids at bedtime. FFS , whatever happened to Thomas The Tank!

  10. #10
    Lineker has got 7.9 million followers, so I would imagine a fair few of those are kids, so yes, his tweets are getting out of order. Here is just one of a few hundred he posted this week, not big, not clever Mr Lineker.

    Gary Lineker

    Verified account

    @GaryLineker
    12h12 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    Who the **** does he play for?

    The word starred out rhymes with cook.

    Another

    Gary Lineker

    Verified account

    @GaryLineker
    19h19 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    None, but I shat on the pitch at a World Cup once. How many people can say that?

  11. #11
    Personally think AH was fishing for a response, and he got it. That in turn ensured he was thrown into the Twitter limelight for another 15 minutes of ego boosting fame. As mentioned earlier he then followed it up with a sycophantic “you’re the best presenter on telly” comment. Don’t have an issue with this personally as have never met the bloke to form a personal opinion other than he can often come across as desperate and embarrassing in his ongoing crusade for column inches and relentless desire to scale the football industry’s social ladder.

    As for Lineker’s swearing, I couldn’t give a f...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Lineker has got 7.9 million followers, so I would imagine a fair few of those are kids, so yes, his tweets are getting out of order. Here is just one of a few hundred he posted this week, not big, not clever Mr Lineker.

    Gary Lineker

    Verified account

    @GaryLineker
    12h12 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    Who the **** does he play for?

    The word starred out rhymes with cook.

    Another

    Gary Lineker

    Verified account

    @GaryLineker
    19h19 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    None, but I shat on the pitch at a World Cup once. How many people can say that?
    Do you think there should be some sort of “Twitter Police” which regulates whether the swearing of celebrities and others with lots of young followers is “out of order” or not?

  13. #13
    Young children shouldn't be on or have anything to do with Twitter. If Hardy wants to quote Lineker to his kids, he should stick to what he says on the BBC. I am also not sure it is wise to pick a fight with a BBC sports broadcaster who may have influence on what FA Cup games get broadcast next season.

    Hardy seems to think he is some sort of local celebrity/saviour of East Midlands sport/groomer of young sporting talent. Again...pipe down Alan, we haven't won ANYTHING yet. I wish he would let his businesses do the talking for him and stop trying to copy Darragh MacAnthony.

  14. #14
    I bet Walkers crisps are considering their position.

    Walkers :"What should be our next flavour Gary ?"

    GL: "Why the f... are you asking me . You can call them s..., for all I care. Have you paid my f…… agent yet "

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I bet Walkers crisps are considering their position.

    Walkers :"What should be our next flavour Gary ?"
    Roast **** with a cherry and red wine sauce. Clue? It rhymes with f uck

  16. #16
    Linekar, once he's not on the BBC can tweet what the fluck he likes but whilst he's representing them and being paid by the public then he should have abit of class and stop effing and jeffing every tweet. It's not even warranted and his posts would read the same without the swearing. For the days of good old Des, class act.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Do you think there should be some sort of “Twitter Police” which regulates whether the swearing of celebrities and others with lots of young followers is “out of order” or not?
    No, but self regulation should be his responsibility, he must know that a couple of million kids read his every word. He is a "celebrity", admired and looked up to by some, not some hard core street kid.

  18. #18
    Gary Lineker has a responsibility (imo) not to use such language. A responsibility to those who have enabled him to rise to the position he has, be that the BBC, Walkers Crisps, or the parents of young children who would like to hold him up as a good role model.

    As it's Sunday, here's an interesting quote from the Bible which I believe sums it up pretty well. Not directly related to the subject in hand but fits with many situations.

    'Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given' (Luke ch 12 v 48)

    Take it or leave it - up to you ..... but I think it makes good sense!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Gary Lineker has a responsibility (imo) not to use such language. A responsibility to those who have enabled him to rise to the position he has, be that the BBC, Walkers Crisps, or the parents of young children who would like to hold him up as a good role model.

    As it's Sunday, here's an interesting quote from the Bible which I believe sums it up pretty well. Not directly related to the subject in hand but fits with many situations.

    'Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given' (Luke ch 12 v 48)

    Take it or leave it - up to you ..... but I think it makes good sense!
    My gripe isn't about what he said...i think Lineker should watch his language. My issue is more about Hardy's need to say it. He seems to think he is some sort of oracle, doing everything he can to thrust himself into the limelight. He was always a wannabe, bit now i genuinely think he thinks he is some big time Charlie with his dinners with Lampard and direct tweets to public figures.

    Sadly, our chairman is a bit of a wally. I wish he would just be more discreet so that we can just focus on the work he is doing at Notts, because it is all a bit embarrassing.

    Also please don't ruin my day by quoting from that sham of a book!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    My gripe isn't about what he said...i think Lineker should watch his language. My issue is more about Hardy's need to say it. He seems to think he is some sort of oracle, doing everything he can to thrust himself into the limelight. He was always a wannabe, bit now i genuinely think he thinks he is some big time Charlie with his dinners with Lampard and direct tweets to public figures.

    Sadly, our chairman is a bit of a wally. I wish he would just be more discreet so that we can just focus on the work he is doing at Notts, because it is all a bit embarrassing.

    Also please don't ruin my day by quoting from that sham of a book!
    Mmm ... a new member who just wants to post anti-AH stuff - who are you a reincarnation of?

    To be honest, using the kind of words you have, I reckon you're jealous!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •