+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: England vs Panama

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Very true. In theory it should only be a good thing and in the early games it seemed to be working. However recent games have been a bit farcical with the Portugal Iran match being a prime example. It should be cutting down on play acting but only seems to have made it more frequent.

Players claiming a VAR replay after every innocuous challenge? It's getting very tiresome, the refs need to crack down or it's only going to get worse in the knockout stages.
    Yeah I think the horse has (predictably) bolted on teams not asking for VAR, as mentioned on the other thread the best thing might be to give each team a fixed number (1 or 2?) challenges.

The challenges are pointless until referees can use VAR properly. Take last night for example... Iran ask for a red card on Ronaldo, he gets a yellow, Iran still feel the decision is wrong, then where?
    Spain’s equaliser ruled out, the player says he might be off so don’t bother reviewing (if they still had a challenge left). They lose and finish 2nd.
    Did Pique’s 2 footed tackle get referred to VAR? Look at that and tell me how it’s not a red card.
    The idea of VAR and this is where the referee needs to take accountability is to eradicate ‘obvious’ errors. If the referee needs to see an incident multiple times then it can’t be that obvious, so original decision needs to stand, whether it’s marginal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Most hilarious sketches to me - Fork handles AND Dead Parrot. Do you concur, Snipey?
    No, because comedy has to surprise you and we've seen those a billion times. Family Guy is funny because there are so many episodes, you can see a new one every time. If you have to watch repeats, I would go for Father Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No, because comedy has to surprise you and we've seen those a billion times.
    True, there are moments from some shows that were well funny, but when you've seen them a hundred times they lose their impact a bit. The only two comedy series I've found genuinely funny in recent years are The Inbetweeners and Plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, there are moments from some shows that were well funny, but when you've seen them a hundred times they lose their impact a bit. The only two comedy series I've found genuinely funny in recent years are The Inbetweeners and Plebs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeY9...has_verified=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No, because comedy has to surprise you and we've seen those a billion times. Family Guy is funny because there are so many episodes, you can see a new one every time. If you have to watch repeats, I would go for Father Ted.
    The League of Gentlemen is my favourite re-watchable comedy series, never seems to get old.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    The League of Gentlemen is my favourite re-watchable comedy series, never seems to get old.
    This is a local site for local people !

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    This is a local site for local people !
    .... there's nothing for you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The challenges are pointless until referees can use VAR properly. Take last night for example... Iran ask for a red card on Ronaldo, he gets a yellow, Iran still feel the decision is wrong, then where?
    Spain’s equaliser ruled out, the player says he might be off so don’t bother reviewing (if they still had a challenge left). They lose and finish 2nd.
    Did Pique’s 2 footed tackle get referred to VAR? Look at that and tell me how it’s not a red card.
    The idea of VAR and this is where the referee needs to take accountability is to eradicate ‘obvious’ errors. If the referee needs to see an incident multiple times then it can’t be that obvious, so original decision needs to stand, whether it’s marginal or not.
    For the Ronaldo incident the ref's interpretation after seeing the replays was yellow so that would stand whether Iran liked it or not, but their challenges would remain intact because the ref didn't see a foul but ended up giving a foul.

A player knowing whether he was offside or not is much more difficult, I admit I don't know the solution to that.

For Pique's tackle the opposition would challenge it and he'd get a red card.

I don't think that if the ref didn't see it it can't be an obvious error, sometimes his view is obscured, he is too far away, or just wasn't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Top choice, but missing bad education.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910