+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: England vs Panama

One of those 'comedy' programs from the 70s that you can only look back on in disbelief.

????????????

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    One of those 'comedy' programs from the 70s that you can only look back on in disbelief.

????????????
    As in 'wot the fluck did we find funny about dis poo?'

????????????
    Basically two ugly, middle aged blokes, one of who still lived with his mum, who were always fancied by the innocent young girls they worked with or met. If you find that scenario believable we'll have to agree to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Tough sh!t. I've been here a lot longer than you. If my presence on here upsets you, please feel free to ****off.
    You really are a strange individual....I just wish more people would tell you to **** off.....things were actually quite pleasant on here while you were out shopping for cider in Playa Del Carmen, now we have to put up with this crap every day

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    You really are a strange individual....I just wish more people would tell you to **** off.....things were actually quite pleasant on here while you were out shopping for cider in Playa Del Carmen, now we have to put up with this crap every day
    I have this mental image that Elite is your long term house guest in Mexico but you're both in your own bedrooms each at a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Great first half performance and was always going to be a different second half especially in that heat. Agree the defence still looks shaky but going forward and set pieces we could score against anyone, really looking forward to the rest of our games.
    Same here. Records were broken yesterday and whilst beating Panama 6-1 does not mean we are going to win the World Cup there were plenty of positives and confidence taken from the game. There’s no doubting that Panama were an inferior side but let’s not take that away from the ruthlessness that we showed to completly dispatch them by half time.

Harry Kane has grasped the captaincy with both hands and credit to Gareth Southgate for giving him this duty. This could be the tournament in which Harry Kane makes his mark as a world class player. His penalty was outstanding.

We are so well drilled from set pieces and it’s our biggest weapon. That again is down to organisation and tactics and work done on the training ground.

I get the impression that Gareth Southgate will not have been happy with us conceding a goal and agree that our defence will need to keep strong going forward as I also get the impression we look a bit wobbly.

It will be interesting to see how we set up against Belgium and also how they will play as well. Both teams are through so it’s a case of will both try and win the group or will they both be content with a draw.

The first two games have enabled us to bed ourselves into this World Cup. Now we move onto the business stage and will face much tougher opposition starting with Belgium on Thursday. I’d like to see us take them to the sword in all honesty to keep our momentum going.

I think one thing is clear confidence in England going into the knockout stages is far greater and more positive due to the first two games than what it’s been for many years in a major tournament.

You really are a strange individual....I just wish more people would tell you to **** off.....
    The reason more people don't is because they don't think the way you do. Most realise not to take me too seriously and get themselves in a state by what I post.

things were actually quite pleasant on here while you were out shopping for cider in Playa Del Carmen, now we have to put up with this crap every day
    Your nautical mate involved me in this thread by mentioning me by name when I hadn't posted on it at all. I wonder why he did that?
    I also posted a few times on holiday, in fact you yourself said "it's like he's never been away".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Basically two ugly, middle aged blokes, one of who still lived with his mum, who were always fancied by the innocent young girls they worked with or met. If you find that scenario believable we'll have to agree to differ.
    Jesus Christ. Looks like someone’s in need of a humour transplant.

I suppose comedy is a subjective thing where different people find different things funny. I find On The Buses utterly cringeworthy, you appear to see it as a good laugh. Each to their own I suppose.

Most hilarious sketches to me - Fork handles AND Dead Parrot. Do you concur, Snipey?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast